Chapter 3

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

You almost dropped the water bottles out of pure amazement when you saw Hinata spike that ball

You almost dropped the water bottles out of pure amazement when you saw Hinata spike that ball. Kiyoko knew it, as well. She saw it in your eyes. She let a small smile come to her face. She could tell.

"It's pretty amazing, isn't it?" Kiyoko asked you. It took you a second to snap out of the trance you were in and you shook your head for a second and looked at Kiyoko before nodding and looking straight back at Hinata.

"Yeah, it's... it's incredible." You said it breathlessly, replaying the moment over and over in your head. By now, Hinata was just yelling to his other teammates, smiling at how awesome the spike felt. He was talking to Kageyama and others before he glanced over at you. He looked away for a second before realizing you were staring at him and locked eyes with you.

A blush rose to your face and you snapped out of it slightly, but you were still replaying that moment in your head. A smile came to your face.

"That was awesome Hinata!"

A smile came to his face at the compliment, a slight blush included. He ran over to you, but he still talked loudly from pure excitement and adrenaline.

"You think so?!"

"Yeah! That was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen! How did you do that?!" Your volume was also rising with the excitement, and Kiyoko continued smiling as she walked further into the gym handing water and towels to everyone else.

"Kageyama's sets are the best! They come right to me, and then BAM! I spike it right down onto the ground!"

You too were both practically bouncing around, and everyone else was just watching and smiling while drinking their water and wiping themselves off with their towels. Kiyoko walked over to you and you looked at her confused until she asked for the rest of the towels and water. You apologized and gave them to her except for one towel and water bottle, which you handed to Hinata.

The excitement died down for a minute and everyone conversed among themselves. As Hinata drank his water and wiped his face off, you asked him,

"What does it feel like? To spike like that?"

He stopped for a second and tapped his water bottle on his chin in a thinking motion.

"Well, it's kinda like... BAM! Or WA-POW! Y'know?" His arms made swinging and punching motions as he said it.

"Kinda, I think so." You said, trying to picture it yourself. He swung his towel over his shoulder.