Chapter 8

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Alright, lock the gym on the way out!" Ukai stated before walking out the gym door.

The practice had now ended, and everyone had left except you, Hinata, Kageyama, F/n, and Suga. They wanted to practice just a bit longer, and Ukai let them as long as they cleaned up and locked the gym.

"So Suga, which position did you play again?" F/n asked.

"Oh, I'm a setter."

"Oh, just like Kageyama, right?" You jumped in, eager to know new volleyball terms.

"Haha, yep that's right." Suga ruffled your hair and smiled. "Speaking of setting, I should probably practice that. Himura, you said you were a wing spiker, right? Would you mind spiking some for me?" Suga turned to F/n as he asked.

"Uh, sure! I haven't played in a while though so I might be rusty." She warned as she ran over to grab the volleyball cart.

"Hinata, we can practice some too," Kageyama said. While his face was straight and calm, he wished he could be the one setting to F/n. He brushed the feeling off.

"Sure!" Hinata started jumping around. You stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do. Everyone else would be doing something, but you were just watching. Hinata turned back to look at you for a moment and noticed your uneasy body language.

"Hey, Y/n! We can find something for you to do too! Maybe you can receive!" Hinata tried to cheer you up and let you in on the fun.

"That would be nice, but I don't really know how..." You darted your gaze to the side, feeling a bit out of place, being the only one who had hardly ever played volleyball.

"I can show you if you want!" Hinata said with sparkles in his eyes. You couldn't bring yourself to say no to his excited nature, so you nodded and smiled. This would be fun anyways, you can learn to play!

"But you suck at receiving!" Kageyama yelled, mocking Hinata.

"I hate to say it but he's kinda right, you're the worst of us at receiving," Suga added.

"Hey! I know how to do it well enough to show her!" Hinata scowled and stuck his tongue out at them. He then grabbed your wrist and gently pulled you to the court.

"Okay, so when the ball comes towards you, you put your arms out like this, and then you just do this!" Hinata put his arms out and moved upwards slightly to imitate receiving a volleyball.

"Ok so...like this?" You nervously tried to imitate his move, and then looked at him for approval.

"Almost! Here let me help you." Hinata was enthusiastic about it, even though you didn't do it correctly. It didn't make you feel like a failure, which was nice.

He circled around you and your breath hitched when his hand touched your back to straighten it out a bit. Still holding your back, and used his other hand to gently hold your arms and he stretched them out a little more, angling them. You couldn't contain the blush on your face.

"Spread your feet a little more please?" Hinata asked politely, smiling as if nothing was really happening. You nodded and complied, moving your feet so that they were shoulder-width.