Chapter 31

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Hinata sat down in class next to the window, fiddling with his fingers for a moment before turning and staring at the front courtyard. The weather was nice, it was sunny but there was still a light breeze, so it wasn't too hot. Yet, despite the weather, he was not having a good day.

Usually, he'd get all excited about the nice weather, because then he could practice outside after school when he got home. But volleyball wasn't his concern at the moment. It didn't matter that the tournament was next Friday because you mattered more.

"Hinata?"

Hinata looked up and saw one of his friends standing at his desk, hands in pockets with a worried expression on his face.

"You ok dude? Oh, right! Your tournament is next week isn't it? You worried about it r something?" He asked curiously.

"Nah, it's not that..." Hinata sighed and trailed off.

"That confident you're gonna win, huh?" His friend directed a playful punch to his arm and laughed, getting Hinata to chuckle a shove him back.

"Come on man, stop messing around. It's something else." He said, his smile slowly trailing off. His friend looked at him skeptically before he smirked.

"Ah, girl troubles?"

"How- How'd you know?!" Hinata looked at him in a bit of surprise.

"Please, I have an instinct for these things. What's going on? You can talk to me, I'm your friend." His friend grabbed a chair from behind him and sat in it backwards so that he was still facing Hinata's face. Hinata hesitated for a minute, thinking about it. He didn't want to start anything about you and him, it would only make things more difficult. That's why he hadn't talked to any of the teammates at lunch, despite them pressing him.

"Just... promise you won't repeat anything? I don't wanna start anything, it'll only stress me and her out." Hinata asked quietly. He had known this guy for a long time, and he knew he was trustworthy about things like this. Plus, he really needed a second opinion.

"You have my word, dude." He raised his hand up to his head, swearing that he wouldn't.

"Ok... It's about Y/n." Hinata confessed.

"Fujiwara?" Hinata nodded. "As in... that Fujiwara?"

Hinata's friend pointed out the window to you and Nishinoya walking through the courtyard, heading for the gates. Hinata jumped to the window and looked as close as he could.