Chapter 11

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

You sat in a folding chair that was set up next to Kiyoko. You had been watching the game for a bit now, and you were having fun. You never thought you could ever get into a game so easily, but here you were.

"Who does this guy think he is? Blocking Hinata like that..." You crossed your arms and puffed out your cheeks, slumping in your chair a bit. You were referring to Inuoka, who had been catching up to Hinata's quicks and blocking them. It was really starting to bug you.

"Well, you know that's part of the game, right?" Kiyoko stated an obvious fact, smiling a little bit noticing how defensive you were getting of Hinata

"W-well yeah I know that! I just mean, like, I didn't think anyone could even come close to blocking him, and then this guy comes waltzing in like he owns the place! It's just pissing me off..." You were trying to defend yourself, gesturing with your hands as you spoke.

"He doesn't walk like he owns the place." Takeda laughed, and you couldn't think of anything to come back with so you just crossed your arms tighter, trying to make your point. Everyone knew you were just getting defensive over Hinata, but you wouldn't admit it.

As the game went on, you noticed how even though there was a tough hurdle to overcome, Hinata and the team all did their best to overcome it, making it harder for Nekoma. It fascinated you how everyone's problem-solving skills came into play, and how it made volleyball into a much more complex game than what meets the eye.

Nekoma also fascinated you, how they always had their eyes set on their goals and studied Karasuno. Nekoma all worked together to take down Karasuno, providing anything they could to their strategy.

It was like a growing tower, strategy on top of strategy on top of strategy. Karasuno would have a strategy, Nekoma would have a strategy to take over that strategy, Karasuno would have yet another strategy, and so on. It made you kind of happy, how they all worked together to make the game interesting and tried their hardest, both Karasuno and Nekoma.

You noticed Kenma was especially observant. Kenma seemed to know what everyone was thinking and could get in their head, and know how to overcome them. It was remarkable how he could throw off all of Karasuno so easily, just because he was simply paying attention.

And Hinata, even though a lot was going on and could easily feel overwhelmed, stayed relatively calm and was willing to try new things to overcome his opponents. If anything, he seemed excited to have such great opponents. It looked like he was fueled even more than he usually is to come out on top.