chapter 1 - It Wasn't Me

Georgia Miller had her twin daughters, Carolina and Virginia, when she was their age, 15. So they got the sex talk when they were only seven. But it wasn't your typical birds and bees crap. Then again, there's not much typical about their mother.

"Sex. Men want it. And they think you should give it to 'em. But you should never give anything unless you're gettin' somethin' in return. There are two things you can get from sex with a man. Passion or power. But you better make sure you're gettin' somethin'. Otherwise you're just gettin' screwed. Oh, and use a condom."

Their mother never let her guard down. She was always in control. It was a really effective sex talk. Despite the fact that Carolina had had a boyfriend in the past, both Caro and Ginny were virgins.

A teacher called Carolina and Ginny out of class during school. "Virginia and Carolina Miller. Can I talk to you in the hall for a minute?" Ginny stood, walking awkwardly out of class. Carolina was annoyed with being called out and getting attention from others around her because they always looked at her weirdly and like she could attack them. Carolina stood, walking toward the door, holding up her hand to flip the class off behind her, before walking out of class to stand with Ginny and the teacher. "Virginia... Carolina..."

"It's Ginny," Ginny told her.

"Your stepfather's been in an accident," the teacher explained. "Your mom's on her way here with your brother. I'm so sorry, girls. He didn't make it."

The teacher embraced both girls. Ginny looked too numb to process, and Carolina was confused but looked like she really couldn't give a shit.

The Millers were at the funeral for the deceased.

Carolina glared at Kenny in his coffin, before overhearing older women gossiping nearby.

Woman 1 shook her head. "Poor Amber Lynn. I mean, I know they had their problems with the divorce, but still, she must be devastated." Carolina looked toward the gossiping women. Ginny and Austin walked up beside Carolina. Ginny had her arm around Austin. Carolina placed a hand on Austin's shoulder. "Have you see the new wife? Who shows that much cleavage at a funeral? And look at that daughter of hers. Who wears a leather jacket to a funeral? Tacky."