chapter 33 - As a Family

Carolina, Georgia and Ginny walked into the house, into the kitchen. Carolina had to change out of her clothes after spilling tea on herself while out of it at work.

Zion was cooking. "Hey. I thought we could bring dinner over to the Bakers as a family."

"As a family?" Georgia repeated.

Ginny looked guilty given everything.

Carolina looked relieved to be able to go over there to see if Marcus was okay. "I'm gonna go change, so don't leave without me. Okay? Just two minutes. Two minutes."

Carolina ran off upstairs to get changed.

The Millers were now with the Bakers, and they were having dinner. Zion was in the kitchen helping with dinner.

Ellen sat next to Georgia. "He cooks. He looks like that, and he cooks. Life's fair."

Clint walked up to Ellen, signing: "Are you muttering to yourself how handsome that man cooking in our kitchen is?"

Ellen nodded, pouring herself a glass of wine.

Max was speaking excitedly with Ginny in the adjoining room on a sofa, grinning. "Oh, my God, guess what."

"What?" Ginny asked.

"Sophie just found out she got into NYU early decision," Max answered. "Isn't that amazing? I can drive up on weekends next year. We'll be like a chic New York couple." Ginny looked from Max next to her to Carolina at the table, still feeling guilty. "What?"

Ginny forced a smile. "Nothing."

In the kitchen, Clint was pouring things into a bowl, signing to Ellen: "See? I can cook too."

Ellen smiled, giving Clint two thumbs up. She looked at Georgia. "How are you? You don't look great."

Georgia was amused because Paul, Nick and Joe had all said the same thing. "I just love how honestly everyone is sharing their opinions with me today."