chapter 35 - Rift

Paul had proposed to Georgia which the kids would later learn was part of the reason why Zion realized Georgia was happy as she was, without him, and Zion didn't want to disrupt that.

So now, there was a photoshoot and interview going on for Paul, Georgia, Carolina, Ginny and Austin on a pink couch in an extensive room. All eyes were on them, whether in that room or in the rest of the town, which was part of the reason why Carolina didn't completely snap at Ginny and let her know that she knew what she did and what she kept secret. 

It made Carolina so furious having to sit next to her and having to act like nothing was wrong, act like Ginny hadn't caused an episode where Caro had almost burned herself, and not long after that, had driven Marcus away and caused his accident because she had put them both in a state where they couldn't think straight and ended triggering their self-destructive tendencies. By blaming Caro for not being able to stop their parents from sleeping together which they both knew that would cause Zion to leave and cause more tension within the family, and by telling her that she would never be able to escape the darkness that the mugging and beating that Carolina had been put through, on top of watching her last boyfriend Noah die, and everything that she went through after that.

Carolina didn't know what Ginny had told Marcus, since Marcus still hadn't told her that it was Ginny who said things to him that caused the accident. Caro knew he didn't tell her because he was trying to protect her after he had found her almost hurting herself after Ginny had completely blown up at her. But she was dying to know what Ginny could have said that would've caused the accident like that. Yet at the same time, she didn't want to know because she knew that it would just make her more angry at Ginny and make her hate her all the more.

Caro had to focus so much on Austin and Georgia to keep her anger in check, to keep from lashing out at Ginny and getting answers or just getting even with what she did and then had the nerve to lie about it and beg Marcus not to tell Caro and Max so she didn't lose them, not knowing that Max would find Marcus's phone, realize what happened, and show Caro so they both knew what happened now. They didn't know that Ginny had told Abby what she did because she had felt so guilty and she needed to tell someone to get the guilt off her chest, which didn't work, because Abby had told her just how horrible of a friend and sister she was for what she did, and how she was keeping it from them, but agreed to keep her secret because she knew that this would destroy MANG, and Abby could not lose that friendship after she already had to go through the divorce of her parents.

During the photoshoot with Austin, Ginny, Carolina, Georgia and Paul, Carolina was not wearing her leather vest because she was supposed to look nice but natural, so her white lace tank was on display, and Carolina was relieved no marks from the past were visible. 

The rift between Ginny and Carolina was clear to see, as there was a big gap between them. The photographer gestured for them to get closer. Ginny adjusted to do as told, but Carolina stayed where she was, still keeping a little distance between them.