chapter 12 - Night of Hell

It was Saturday and the day of sophomore sleepover. Max, Abby, Norah and Ginny arrived together in a black car, getting out, smiling at each other, walking toward the school.

Carolina walked alone, not amused in the least by how they were walking like they were in a slow motion cat walk. The five girls walked up to Georgia, Ellen, and Norah's mother, Bev, at the chaperone table.

"Girls!" Georgia cheered.

Ellen looked at MANG's T-shirts. "M-A-N-G. Ma... What's mmmaaannngg?"

"MANG," Max explained. "Like Wang. And can you just, like, not?" Georgia and Ellen both gave her a look. "But I love you, and I'm super grateful to be here."

"MANG, like mango?" Bev asked.

Norah shook her head. "Mom, no."

Carolina rolled her eyes. "It's their first initials."

The moms did an "Oh!"

Georgia leaned closer to whisper to Carolina and Ginny teasingly. "Maybe Ellen and I should make matching shirts."

"Are you trying to embarrass me?" Ginny asked.

"You're the G in MANG, and I'm embarrassing?" Georgia asked. Carolina smirked at Ginny. Ginny gave them both a look. "Jesus, lighten up."

The moms were giving the girls each a wrist band for the sleepover.

Ginny looked at Georgia. "Just don't talk about any of your ex-husbands or boyfriends and, oh, my God, definitely do not talk to my friends about any of their sex lives. And don't flirt with the students or other parents. And please, don't hotbox a classroom."

Georgia tilted her head. "I only did that once."

"Mom, please," Ginny told her.

Georgia looked hurt. "I didn't realize I was a liability."

"You're not, Mom," Carolina told her. "Ginny's just being a bitch like usual."

Ginny laughed sarcastically. "You're calling me out on being a bitch when you've been nothing but a bitch to all of my new friends?"

"Not all of them, not Max, Abby or Norah," Carolina replied, smirking. "Or Hunter, Jordan and Brodie. I think I was only a straight up bitch to Samantha, who's not even your friend, and Press, who also, not your friend. And I don't even talk to Hunter. And being a bitch to them is one thing, but you being a bitch to your own mother and sister is a completely different other thing."

"Just please don't start anything tonight," Ginny told her.

Carolina rolled her eyes, looking away.

Georgia gave Ginny a look. "Fine. We'll stay out of your way, G."

Ginny walked away toward Max, Abby and Norah, and they squealed before walking inside.