chapter 6 - Rehabilitate

Flashback - One Year Ago

After Carolina had been taken to the hospital, when her family was notified, Georgia never left her side, and Ginny and Austin were horrified and worried about their sister. Ginny always tried to assure Austin that it wasn't as bad as it was so that the then-8 year old wouldn't be traumatized by the state his sister was in.

Carolina had to get a lot of treatment for her wounds and broken bones. Ribs from being kicked and beaten so brutally. A few broken bones in her arms from the same. A concussion from being slammed into the walls and the ground so harshly and being punched so heavily. It would take months up to a year to be fully healed, and even longer for her mind after what she had been forced to go through and witness.

Carolina was coming to consciousness in her hospital bed, wearing a hospital robe, blinking tiredly, looking around.

Georgia leaned forward in her seat worriedly in concern when she saw her waking up. "Caro?"

Carolina remembered everything that happened in flashes, tears stinging in her eyes that she tried to keep from falling. "Did they... did they find Noah? And Bullet?'

Georgia stroked Carolina's hair. "Yeah, baby, they found them. Carolina, I'm so, so, so sorry."

Carolina sobbed. "They're gone."

"I know, buttercup," Georgia told her sadly. "I..." She knew that there were no words that could help her. "I called Zion. Your dad's working on getting here as fast as he can. He's so worried about you."

Carolina swallowed. "So Dad's coming. But the guys? The--the men?"

Georgia shook her head sadly. "They don't know. We don't know... where they could be. What their names even are."

Carolina let out a stuttered breath, since just breathing hurt her so much given the broken ribs. She closed her eyes, tears falling. "They can't..."

Georgia held her hand. "Shh. Don't try to talk no more. It's gonna be okay. It's gonna get better."

But Carolina didn't believe it ever could.

Months Later (almost a year)

Georgia had been very protective and caring of Carolina after the mugging, and helped her with everything she needed to try and rehabilitate her body to heal after the beating she received, even a few broken ribs and bones in her arms, mostly helping with stretching exercises and yoga once the doctor deemed it was okay to. They did a bunch of stretches, and then Georgia helped Carolina with balancing on one leg and leaning forward with her hands clasped together.