chapter 8 - Baked

In Brodie's basement, MAN, Carolina, Ginny, Samantha, Brodie, Jordan and Press were all there, and most of the teens were already smoking from a bong.

Jordan was sitting behind Norah on the back of the couch, holding his arms around her, both laughing with their hands on each other.

"Okay, we have two hours," Max explained. "I told our moms we were at the movies."

Carolina looked over Max's outfit. "Wearing that? Our mom knows we're not at the movies."

Abby jumped up from the couch to run and give Max a hug, jumping up to do so, squealing. "Max!"

Max chuckled. "Oh, my goodness."

Abby jumped down, as both giggled.

Ginny looked at Carolina. "I know you're only here to get stoned and wasted, but please try to be nice."

Carolina shrugged. "Emphasis on the word try. But no promises."

Ginny rolled her eyes.

Abby and Max went to go sit next to Norah.

Abby looked at Ginny and Carolina. "Oh, my God, oh, my God. Gross. Don't look at them. They're gonna think that we want them to sit with us."

Norah sat forward. "Oh, my God. So embarrassing. It's actually so embarrassing."

"Guys, avoid eye contact," Max told them. The three girls smiled. "Okay, we're kidding. That's a joke that we do."

Max pulled Ginny's arm to sit her down next to her.

Ginny chuckled awkwardly. "Funny."

Carolina rolled her eyes, sitting down across from them. "Whatever. Where's the weed?" The others laughed at Carolina's question in amusement. Press handed the bong over to Carolina, though before he could say anything, Carolina took the bong and smoked from it expertly. "God, I needed this."

Max took the bong from Carolina. "My turn."

Max smoked, handing it over to Ginny.

"Uh, I've never smoked before," Ginny admitted.

"Really, huh?" Press asked. "You sound interesting."

"Okay, you ignore Press because he's a literal sociopath," Max told her. Carolina nodded, tilting her head back, having already gotten that impression from Press before. "And only smoke if you want to."

Brodie leaned forward. "Smoke. Peer pressure. Do it!"

The group laughed.

Carolina rolled her eyes. "Ginny, you don't have to."

Ginny managed a small smile. "I got it, Caro."

"Caro," Press repeated. "Nice nickname."

"One you don't get to use," Carolina replied.