chapter 5 - What the Hell Have I Done?

At school, when it was almost time to go home, Ginny and Carolina were at the school after school let out.

Max walked up. "Hey, Carolina, did Ginny tell you that Hunter was checking her out and he wanted to ask if she had a boyfriend?"

"Uh, no, because we didn't have a lot of time to chat yesterday after school," Carolina answered.

Max looked at Ginny. "So you didn't tell her about Press checking her out?"

"Uh, no," Ginny answered.

"Press?" Carolina repeated.

"One of the guys from the table yesterday," Max explained. "He's a total asshole, but I think he likes you. I said I could see if you wanted to--"

"No," Carolina said.

"But--" Max started.

Carolina laughed sarcastically, shaking her head. "Yeah, no. Just, not that." She looked behind Max to see Marcus making out with Padma, rolling her eyes, looking away. "I'm not looking for a relationship and I don't want one."

"Okay," Max said sheepishly. Hunter walked up to them. "Hunter, do you watch Vanderpump Rules?"

"No, sorry," Hunter answered.

"Neither do Carolina or Ginny," Max told him. "You guys are so uncultured. Gin said she's coming over tonight so I can pop her cherry. Caro, you in?"

"Uh, no," Carolina answered.

"Oh, okay," Hunter said. "I was just gonna ask if Ginny maybe could hang later tonight, but..."

Carolina raised her eyebrows.

"Oh!" Max said. "No, she can hang."

"But you just said--" Hunter started.

"It's the worst show, Hunter," Max told him. "Seriously, once the cast turned 30, it was just sad."

Carolina frowned, looking to the side.

Hunter looked at Ginny. "Okay, so would you want to then?"

Ginny, not realizing the type of 'hang out' he meant, nodded. "Uh-huh. Sure."

Hunter smiled. "Great. It's a date."

Ginny realized. "Oh... a date? You mean as friends?"

Carolina closed her eyes, shaking her head.

"Or as a date," Hunter answered.

Ginny looked at Max and Carolina. "Uh, right." Max smiled, biting her lip, nodding. Carolina shrugged. "Yeah. Um, okay. Yeah, let's do that. That sounds... good. A date. Cool."

Hunter smiled. "Cool."

Hunter walked away.

Carolina turned to Ginny. "So that just happened."