chapter 37 - Shattered

Marcus had gone home with his family, after Ellen and Clint went to get their kids.

Carolina was home, in the living room.

Ginny hesitantly walked in, looking at Carolina, walking closer. "Caro, please, listen to me."

"No," Carolina replied, standing, turning toward the stairs, but turned back. "How could you have said those things to Marcus? Have you no self control, you selfish bitch?"

"You're really one to talk about self control," Ginny replied sarcastically.

Carolina shook her head furiously. "Oh, don't you dare try to turn this around on me. After everything that happened with Noah, when Marcus got into that accident, you saw me in my room freaking out, practically paralyzed with paranoia, fear, worry and anxiety about losing him, after you knew I just stopped fighting what I felt for him and started to give in, and still, you said nothing."

"I couldn't tell you and risk something happening," Ginny told her.

"Oh, yet, you didn't mind blowing up on me earlier that night and sending me right into an episode," Carolina replied, refusing to telling her about the self-harm. 

"Okay, fine, I get it, you hate me, and after what I did, I deserve it," Ginny told her.

"You got that right," Carolina scoffed.

"But now you've got Max, Abby and Norah all turned against me, and you told Hunter and ruined my chances of fixing things with him, sabotaging my relationship with my boyfriend to pay me back for getting yours into a bike accident," Ginny told her. 

"You're lucky I didn't do more," Carolina replied. "Oh, and they all make their own choices, and their own choices say that they don't like the person you really are. You really showed your true colors just fine on your own, sis."

"God, you're such a bitch," Ginny complained.

"Says the most entitled, ungrateful, self-centered, backstabbing bitch I know," Carolina retorted. "You don't understand boundaries. You make everything about yourself. My history, my trauma, and Mom's, you said that it all affected you too and you wanted to pry and pry and pry until you knew every single detail even when it had absolutely nothing to do with you. Mom has tried her best to give us the best life she could, and so has Dad even if he couldn't be here directly with us. You blame Mom for absolutely everything, and you started to blame me for things I have no control over too. You overstep until I feel suffocated. And when you pull shit like this, how the hell are we supposed to trust you or tell you anything?"

Ginny chuckled sarcastically, no longer wanting to feel guilty or cry or beg for forgiveness. "Uh-huh. Well, if darkness is your match, I think Marcus found his with that ditch. You two actually make a good pair when you take the issues and the self-destructive tendencies into account."