Chapter 15: What are you doing on Saturday night? 3/7

"So how long have you two being dating?" Jake asked Heeseung. The pair were walking together after lunch to their next class. "Two years next week." Heeseung replied.

"Wow. She's put up with you for that long?"

"I know, I know - I guess she's just a saint..." Their conversation was cut off as a boy ran between them, he was wearing a backpack and holding another. Jake immediately recognised him as the lead bully who had been harassing Sunoo last week.

"Hey, stop!", they heard a voice call that was a familiar to Jake. Turning he saw Jungwon being restrained by the bully's two accomplices. After noticing Jungwon, Jake turned back to the assailant who had Jungwon's backpack and was seemingly trying to deposit it into a garbage bin down the hallway.

"You free the kid, I'll get his bag" Jake ordered Heeseung who nodded and promptly went towards the struggling trio behind them. Approaching the boy who had already emptied the rucksack and was seemingly about to deposit the contents of one of Jungwon's grandmother's Tupperware containers onto the schoolwork and books. The bully had been so engrossed in his action he hadn't realised who he had run past, nor how close Jake had gotten to him.

The bully's hands were attempting to pry open the lid of the container when he felt a hand grab his wrist - looking up to the owner of the hand he saw Jake, "You!" He said in fear as he recognised him from last week.

Jake took the container from the boy's frightened hands. "What are you going to do? Punch me." The boy asked Jake who's face then pulled an expression to match his answer, "as if I could do anything else". 

While Jake didn't punch him,  he did place the container on the floor before shoving both hands into the bully's shoulders. The impact on those weak points pushed the bully off balance and he lost his footing and fell back into the wall. The bully let out of a wail of pain has he hit his tail bone against the floor. Jake paid it no attention and started gathering Jungwon's items back into the backpack.

Jake was joined by Heeseung who was now escorting Jungwon. "Jaeyun-hyung, thank you, I'd have taken them myself but I...", Jungwon was cut off by Jake, "Sure, sure, just help with this" he said instructing Jungwon to get his belongings from the garbage. Whilst doing this Jake heard someone else approach them.

"Woah, Heeseung, who's the new guy?" The new voice was feminine.

"Oh this is Jaeyun, he joined our form last week" Heeseung replied, at his introduction Jake turned his head to acknowledge the girl - he tried to pull a smile whilst in the deprecating position of pulling stuff out of the garbage. "He isn't always arms deep in garbage" Heeseung added to jibe his friend. 

"Jaeyun. I'm Aecha" The girl introduced herself, Jake produced a wave, pulling his hand from the garbage. Aecha was by her disposition in the same year as Heeseung and him she was also rather good looking in a manner that suggested she thought she was better than most people. 

"I don't do this every day" Jake said to make a joke out of his predicament.

"I'm sure you don't, say Jaeyun. Say, what are you doing Saturday night?" Aecha asked him.

"Oh yeah, why don't you come along to Aecha's party?" Heeseung suggested, probably steeling the thunder from Aecha.

Jake smiled, "Is that what you were going to suggest?" He said to her, politely asking the would-be host for permission.

"Of course, you seem cool and it would be nice to get to know you. Heeseung can give you the details" She said, moving to go to her next class when Jake called out to her. "Oh, could I bring Sunghoon?"

"Sunghoon!" Heeseung voiced with surprise, "As if he'll come, I don't think Mummy Park lets him out after ice skating.

"If you're able to get the Ice Prince to come he's more than welcome, but I'll be surprised if you can pull it off" Aecha added. Jake listened to the disparaging remarks about the possibility of Sunghoon's attendance, but little did they know, he had a plan.