Chapter 107: Expulsion 7/7

A/N: Right, where was I? Sorry for the delay - blame.... IDK, me I guess. Anyhow, I hope you like ellipses. :)  

Sunghoon's heart was still as he stood next to Jake in the empty classroom. If he had stopped to consider that fact he might have found it weird that his body could continue to function without the blood pumping around his body. As it was his mind was preoccupied with greater concerns. 

His world around him had just being shattered. The fragile paradigm he had only recently become used to living in was suddenly and surely broken into shards. Reality was sharp and he was now exposed to it. There were no more convenient excuses, no more lies he could tell - he was out and, in all likelihood, about to be cut to pieces. 

"You look like a ghost" Jake said, he also was clearly impacted by the news but the ramifications seemed not to be 'hitting home' quite as hard for him - he still seemed in control of his emotions. That being said, maybe this shouldn't surprise Sunghoon, his boyfriend was just more robust than him - he was Jake after all. 

"That would be nice - no one could see me then" Sunghoon sighed. He allowed his fingers to graze and then grip Jake's desk, holding onto the wooden tabletop to support himself. 

Seemingly sensing Sunghoon's  weakness, Jake put out an army to steady him. 

His touch, while being felt through the layers of clothing was warm and reassuring and Sunghoon let out an electrically charged breath - chilled by the goosebumps the sensation caused along his body. 

"Hoon?" Jake's voice came again and Sunghoon realised his eyes had momentarily shut. Opening them, he looked down to Jake's, which were now staring up into his, "Are you alright?"

Sunghoon wanted to shake it off, to say he was fine and to appear strong and in control of his emotions but with Jake he had to be honest. Unable to control himself he just shook his head. This prompted Jake to stand from the desk he was sat at and place another hand on his side.  

Jake didn't say anything, his presence alone, acted to silently  buttress Sunghoon. Sunghoon reacted to this show of strength by flinging his arms around Jake in a close and desperate hug. "What are we going to do?" he asked, tightening his arms as he spoke. 

Sunghoon listened for an answer to his question but found none forthcoming. Instead the two of them held each other in silence. Part of Sunghoon was still on guard, what would someone say if they walked in and saw them both embracing each other? 'Faggots? Gay boys?' 

He closed his eyes as he imagined the inevitable comments he'd overhear or the conversations that would suddenly cease when someone noticed he was within earshot. He opened his eyelids once more when he felt Jake rubbing his back and whispering, "We'll be okay"

"You sure?" He reply timidly. 

"Yeah" 

"Why? Do you have a plan"

"I..."

"...What are we going to do Jake? Do we deny it?"

"What? No! Well... unless you want to?"

"... I ... I don't know - we could try?" 

Sunghoon felt Jake shake his head in quiet, instinctive rejection to the suggestion of denial. "Nah, it's a bad idea" 

"But you saw everyone, hell you saw Jay - he didn't say anything - he just found out, got up and left" 

"You've just got to give him time Hoon. We've kept this from him, he's going to take at least five minutes to process this"

"Jay's stubborn" 

"Okay, give him 10 but he needs time. Hell, we need time! The important thing is to not do anything stupid that could make the situation worse"