Chapter 92: Boys Like Flowers 7/8

"Stop talking"

Jake looked up from his work. First he glanced at the teacher, then he turned to see who was presently being scolded. To Jake's surprise the order was directed to the desk at the back right of the classroom. The desk that sat Jay and Sunghoon. 

It was not uncharacteristic for them to be scolded. They would always jest with one another and would frequently be considered a nuisance to the class. 

Jake smiled to himself, that in spite of whatever was going on with Sunghoon he was still finding the time to ridicule Jay. When Sunghoon had arrived the heavy bags beneath his eyes indicated his tiredness. Jake had caught his eye and had been able to pass him a smile which he had returned. 

The warm feeling was inside Jake now, the desire to cheer up his friend and be there for him. It felt nice having a responsibility. 

How Jake would action this ambition he didn't yet know. Sitting in the cafeteria that lunchtime all he could do was smile at the tired Sunghoon as he picked at his food. They were listening to Jay ramble on about who might be gay in their year. Jake didn't feel like this was an appropriate time to make a declaration about himself, indeed Jake's mind was preoccupied for much of the meal, that was until Heeseung interrupted Jay with a surprising observation. 

"I'm beginning to think you've got a crush on someone Jay" 

"Pah - I've got a girlfriend dude." Jay said, trying to brush off the comment. 

"Sure.... then why are you so fixated on the sexuality of Jaeyun's teammates?"

"I'm not!" 

"We've all being sat here for ten minutes listening to you pine on. Like, dude why does it bug you if some of the soccer team are gay? Heeseung pressed. 

"It doesn't. It's just statistically unlikely that no one's gay. Like -  15% of our year is meant to be gay or whatever" 

"You believe that - it's just from a study"

"EXACTLY - why are you arguing with a study?"

"Urghh, you wan't me to posit why I don't quite buy the research of something that's entire data source comes from asking teenagers who they want to have sex with. Look at Hoon - he's so desperate, he'd take anyone" 

Jake heard Heeseung's remark, and gave a scowl to Heeseung, "Lay off him for five minutes, he's had a long day" glancing at his boyfriend Sunghoon gave him a small smile that only he would see. 

"Anyhow, I can't be bothered to wait with you slow eaters" Heeseung commented whilst getting up from his seat. 

"Where are you going?" Jay asked. As if to say 'don't leave me with the silent pair.' 

"I'm off to FaceTime my girlfriend, you guys can continue to speculate on Jay's dick desires" 

Jake and even Sunghoon started laughing at the humiliated Jay. 

"Hey screw you" Jay said to Heeseung, "and screw you guys too" he finished by directing his sentence to Jake and Sunghoon before standing to go. 

"Where are you going?" Jake asked politely. Truth be told he was glad Jay was going as it finally meant he'd be allowed to talk to Sunghoon. 

"To talk to my girlfriend" 

Sunghoon rolled his eyes before adding, "A word of advice Jay, don't give her a repeat of this conversation - she'll dump you quicker than...." Jay had already left before Sunghoon could finish his comment. Turning to face Jake with a smile he grinned. "Well, pray for Eunju I guess!"