Chapter 50: Burdens 3/6

Sunghoon climbed the stairs to his apartment. Wednesday, 'Humpday', was essentially completed and the end of the week was now in sight. He disliked Wednesdays as they where the day Jake had after-school soccer practice so he had to walk home alone. He was looking forward to seeing Jake outside of school, when they could stop avoiding each others' stares and glances.

Looking up, Sunghoon caught sight of a tail at the top of the flight he was trudging up. Increasing his pace he found he was walking behind Jungkook and his dog, who were also ascending the building. "Ugh, hi" Sunghoon said softly, so not to startle the dog and the man.

Jungkook didn't react and Sunghoon could see that he had headphones in. It was only when Artemis turned that Jungkook was pulled into seeing Sunghoon following them. "Ah, Sunghoon!" Jungkook said, removing his right headphone, "Nice day at school?"

"It was alright I suppose. I can't say I'm not glad it's over." Sunghoon replied. "How about yours?"

"Yeah, it was alright. Just the same old, same old. Day's have a habit of repeating themselves don't you think?"

"I guess so, although at the moment they seem to be quite varied"

"Oh... yeah 'quite'"Jungkook said, through a large grin.

"Wait!" Sunghoon realised his lapse but it was already too late as Jungkook let out a laugh.

Jungkook finished his laughter as they reached their landing, "Actually Sunghoon, I'm glad to have caught you?"

"You are?"

"Yeah, I've never really had the opportunity to talk to you one on one, so fancy stepping in for a little chat?"

Sunghoon didn't think anything of going into his neighbour's home and so muttered an affirmation before he followed Jungkook inside.

"So, I was thinking we would go and get you and Jake your tuxedos tonight if you're free?" Jungkook asked when they were sat facing each other on his L-shaped sofa.

"Uh yeah, but won't that be late?. What time does Jae... Jake finish his soccer practice?"

"Haha, he's still Jaeyun at school then?" Jungkook asked with a knowing smile, "Yeah, the evenings are the best times to buy clothes, the shops are open but empty. It's like having the store to yourself"

"Oh"

"But look, that's not what I wanted to speak about." Jungkook said, dropping his glance to catch Sunghoon's eye.

"I suspected as much" Sunghoon managed a sheepish response.

"Mhmmm, so I know about you and Jake and I just want to start by saying that's it's all fine by me." Jungkook's tone was calm and reassuring,  "Provided you both look out for each other, push one another to grow and make sure that neither does anything to make the other feel uncomfortable."

Instinctively Sunghoon interrupted him, "But?"

"But... he told me that he's keeping it secret, or trying his best to" Jungkook tapped two fingers against his neck, referencing the hickeys he discovered on Jake's neck the night before - this caused Sunghoon to blush.

"We're not looking to overcommit" Sunghoon said defensively. 

"Which I think is wise however, I want to ask if you've told anyone?"

"N.. no" Sunghoon thought back to Yun, she knew of his feelings and clearly had her suspicions but he hadn't being so bold as to tell her that he was engaged in any capacity with Jake. "I haven't told anyone about Jake and me being a... I don't what you call it?"