Chapter 53: Waiting for Your Touch 6/6

Wednesday is often regarded as the hardest day of the school  week but frequently it's Thursday that presents the greatest hurdle. The weekend seems so close and tantalising but there are still so many lessons to soldier through.

The length of day felt never ending for Sunghoon. Perhaps that Thursday felt particularly long owing to the multitude of outfits Jungkook had had him and Jake try on the night before. Whatever Jungkook had roped Jake and him into helping him with was obviously of great importance. When the suits had being purchased Sunghoon had glanced the total on the receipt - the fact  that someone would spend so much served to intrigue him as what was in this for Jungkook - surely, Sunghoon concluded, whatever was going down on Saturday night was big.

The school day manifested into a not dissimilar copy of the day before. He knew that eventually he would become used to the clandestine nature of his and Jake's relationship but as of yet he still found that difficult. 

Sunghoon was able to stifle his appetite by the promise of getting Jake to himself, if only for a moment, on Friday morning. He had no plan as to what he was going to do, but each week he found himself longing for his moments alone with Jake in the changing room.

______

Friday morning came and Jake couldn't escape the peculiar energy that had being emanating from Sunghoon that morning. It was as if he was closer than before. Stalking him like prey rather than following him like a friend. For all of the walk to the swimming pool and even once they had gotten into the water, it was as if Sunghoon's eyes tracked his every movement. Truth be told Jake felt unsettled by it.

On the one hand he was as eager as Sunghoon obviously was to try new things, feel new sensations and indulge greater pleasures - equally however he was hesitant and nervous. For all of his boisterous bravado at the outset of their friendship it had only ever being the projection of a boy running away from someone he used to be. The old him was  timid, shy and unsure of himself.

Concealing that inner-self was easy in the loud moments of life; when you're in a crowd or when one is engaging with someone who themselves is as nervous and apprehensive towards life as Sunghoon had being when Jake had met him.

Sunghoon's recent emotional growth had matured him, quickly. This re-weighting was beginning to alter the balance of their relationship and Jake found himself backing away from the barrier that separated his and Sunghoon's showers.

Jake saw that Sunghoon's feet were pointing towards him in the gap below the barrier and he could hear the soft drumming of finger tips against it.

"Hoonie?" Jake called out.

"Uh huh?" A nonchalant voice replied.

"What um... what are you doing?" Jake asked nervously.

"Waiting..."

Even though he was in an uncomfortable situation Jake still found that Sunghoon's attempts to sound cool and sexy were amusing. "Okay, waiting for what?" Jake asked laughingly.

"For you and your... touch."

"Sunghoon, it's 7:53 in the morning..."

"... and?" Sunghoon asked back interrupting him.

"And I'm not in the mood dude, so leave it!"

"Urgh"Jake heard Sunghoon huff and saw his feet move away from the barrier.

"Are you all good?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, yeah, just - when will you be ready to..."

"...Ready to do what?" It was Jake who now interrupted Sunghoon.