Chapter 83: Changing Room Surprise 4/6

The school bell had just run to announce the final class of the day was at an end. Students had either begun packing their bags in anticipation of this or those who had not, begun placing the entire assortment of books, pens and papers into their rucksacks without much care over their well being.

Both Jay and Sunghoon fell into the second category of person and whilst their classmates began departing the room, conversation sparked between them. Jay still had Eunju on his mind.

"So let's say there's a girl I like" Jay started, somewhat abruptly.

"A girl?" Sunghoon asked, not faltering from his packing.

"Yeah"

"Who?"

"Not saying. But, we have some shared interests and stuff but, it's being a while since I've just gone up to a girl and asked for her number, and I think it might be difficult because..."

"...Why is it so hard?" Sunghoon asked, pausing momentarily to interrupt his friend.

Jay's eyes squinted instinctively, "Did you really just ask that? You of all people? Have you ever just asked a girl out normally?"

Before Sunghoon had the chance to responded their partnership was joined by 'Jaeyun'. "What are you guys talking about?" He opened with, leaning on the now vacant desk from the row in front of them.

"Jay's struggling to ask a girl out." Sunghoon said without a moments notice.

"Awww - Jay!" 'Jaeyun' said with a smile, "Who is she? Do we know her?"

"You might but..."

"... but what's the problem then?"It was 'Jaeyun's turn to interrupt him.

"Well if either of you would let me finish I could tell you" Jay could feel himself start to become irritated at the ridiculing interruptions. Standing up, he eyed both of his friends in frustration. "I don't know why I'm even talking about this with you two - it's not like you guys have any experience with girls anyway"

As Jay moved off to find someone else to talk to he heard the duo behind him snigger and laugh. He wasn't paying too much attention but it sounded like Sunghoon said "Well he's right about that at least."

Jay was to intent on catching up with Yun, his class's erstwhile book worm. She wasn't quite his friend in the same way that she was with 'Jaeyun' or indeed Sunghoon but she was, unlike them, a girl - which made her considerably more valuable.

"Hey! Yun wait up!" Jay called as he exits the building. Yun was already making tracks for the school gate but she heard him and turned to see who was calling her.

"What?" She called back in a mixture of alarm and annoyance at having her name yelled above the crowds of departing students.

"I need to ask you something" Jay responded and moved through the crowd towards the now stationary figure.

"Well?" Yun asked expectantly raising her eyebrows to demand why she had been stopped from going home.

"I... uh" Despite knowing what he wanted to ask, Jay's timidness got the better of him and he stumbled a little. "I want to know how to ask a girl out who's a couple of years below us"

Yun's eyes widened before furrowing into a frown. "And you think I would know that?"

"Well I thought you don't mind that 'inter year' stuff?"

"I don't?" Yun seemed taken aback at the accusation.

"Well, remember that night I caught with Jungwon? You were totally smitten with him"