Chapter 85: Truth, Tequila and Jeon Jungkook 6/6

Sunghoon walked slowly through Jungkook's apartment on Saturday afternoon. Walking from the kitchen, he tried not to overthink his movements as he held three cups of tea, one in his left and two in his right. Wanting not to spill any of the liquid on the floor, as he felt he'd be scolded by Jake if he did, he had his wrists fixed into position. 

The apartment had returned to its residual state. After Gi had made a big deal out of cleaning the space when they had been returning from England, Jake and Jungkook had allowed comfort and convenience to supersede cleanliness. Coats, sweaters and socks littered any and every place their wearer decided they were no longer needed. 

Walking past Jake's room, Sunghoon couldn't help but  pause and momentarily reminisce about some of his most intimate encounters with his boyfriend in there. He'd never called Jake 'his boyfriend' out loud, nor had Jake ever agreed to have that title bestowed upon him, Sunghoon however believed that it was a matter of when not if, the formalised their relationship and thus allowed himself to believe of him as such. He loved Jake, even if he'd never told him so.

Moving past the doorway he ventured towards the open door at the end of the hallway, Jungkook's room. 

Once within the room which he had left four minutes previously, Sunghoon scanned the room, Jake sat on a chair with his feet up on the bed, picking at a half eaten pastry. Artemis lay asleep on the bed and Jungkook, well, Jungkook was a near lifeless, lying barely clothed in the foetal   position. 

Jake had contacted Sunghoon that morning which a request for assistance in looking after the  the hungover twenty-something man child. Jungkook had apparently come home loudly, late last night, at perhaps four or five in the morning. While initially full of bombast and humour he was now confided to cuddling a pillow in the same way a baby monkey might cling onto its mother. 

"So where did you go again?" Sunghoon asked, as he set a mug down on the bedside table after handing Jake one before perching on the window sill and taking a sip of his brew. 

"He's not saying" remarked Jake, "he's ashamed"

A grown came from Jungkook as he listened to the teenagers talk about him.

"I think he might have lost the ability to the talk" Suggested Sunghoon. 

"Praise the lord!" Jake said after taking a sip of tea, "We can be spared his platitudes and amateur philosophising for five whole minutes!" 

Sunghoon laughed, and he felt his cheeks grow in prominence as he smiled, he liked Jake's jokes, his humour, his...

"So Yun's party" Jake said abruptly, interrupting his train of thought. 

"What about it? It's fake" Sunghoon asked. 

"Well we're going to have to do something aren't we? Or else Jay will realise it was an excuse... and he'll probably say something and then Yun will get confused" 

"We could try telling her. You know bringing her into it?" 

"Or we could actually just try throwing her a party? I mean, she is our friend after all"

Another loud grown was heard from the bed and Sunghoon's eyes returned to the prone figure of Jungkook. "Nooooo" He moaned.

"No what?" Jake asked. 

"Nooo parties. Not here" Jungkook's delivery was muttered and his eyes were shut. 

Sunghoon gave a Jake an earnest glance with which to say 'well that's off the table.'

Jake returned a resigned look, "Well we need to come up with something" 

"We could just tell Jay?"