Chapter 78: Waterloo Sunset 7/7 PART 1 CLIMAX

Jake's eyes were locked onto his screen, the time was displayed prominently. 

15:53

He stared slightly too long  and to his surprise the screen changed to display that it was receiving a call:

 UNKNOWN NUMBER

 Jake wasn't expecting one  and instinctively presumed it to be a spam call. Hovering his thumb over the red icon he at the last moment decided against it, pressing the green icon and answering the call. 

Placing the phone to his ear he listened and just heard panting, exhausted panting. "Hu... hello?" Jake asked the hot breath in his ear. 

The breathing ceased itself and Jake could tell it was gathering its composure. Jake meanwhile failed to collect his and thus was shaken off balance when an opening smirk was followed by a familiar  voice:

 "Hey Jake. Having a good time?"

"Wha.... what the hell? SUNGHOON? How did you get my... how did you... how...?"

"How's the wedding?" 

A smile imprinted itself on Jake's face and he found himself answering the question, "Not particularly great..."

"...What? Did you succeed in ruining it?" 

"No - I said goodbye, in my own way but..."

 "...Good boy, I'm proud of you - I'd be prouder still if you were dancing" 

Jake looked solemnly out at the river, reminded of the loneliness he felt, "I have big plans for dancing, just give me 20, 25 years" 

"Oh the misery, the exquisite tragedy of it all. I can just picture you, standing alone, with your green iPhone..."

Jake was confused, Sunghoon hadn't seen his Australian Phone when they were together in Seoul, how could he know what colour it was? "Did I tell you my old phone was green?" Sunghoon ignored the question, Jake could hear the smile in his voice.

"You have barely touched your cake, probably running your hand through your hair, the way you do when you're really feeling lost - perhaps even thinking, 'God I should have stopped in all of my evil plotting to get a haircut' but it's too late now..."

"... Sunghoon, I didn't tell you my iPhone was Green!" Jake suddenly felt himself become paranoid, and he begun looking over his shoulder, starting to think the impossible. Sunghoon continued to be oblivious to his remarks,

"Suddenly a familiar song..." 

Jake's ear's opened and realised the song September was now being played in the background, the song he'd played for Sunghoon that night on the roof. 

"Then, you push yourself up from the balcony, in one exquisite movement."

 Sunghoon continued to narrate as Jake's searched through the wedding guests.

"Moving through the crowd, wondering, searching, sniffing the wind like a dappled deer - has God heard your little prayer? Will Cinderella dance again?" 

Jake continued through the crowd, his phone still glued to his ear, he was speechless. The voice of Sunghoon motivating him to search every person, but he couldn't see him, he wasn't in the crowd but still his voice continued.