4̲̅5̲̅

* Omotara *

I stared at myself in the mirror. Forcing a smile to my face, I whispered to myself "I can do this".

Lies.

The pep talk isn't even helping at all!!

"If you stare at that mirror all day, we wouldn't be able to make it to school" Dazzline said from behind me.

Yes, school is resuming today.

I even tried to talk mom and dad into letting me skip school for this week but grandma had to ruin everything!!

Someone added me back to the class group chat and God! All the threats I'm receiving ehn, I don't think I'll be able to go to school.

The one that scared me most was the
'Omotara Amani Adebayo, we aren't scared of you anymore. You are nothing in Hamdyn High. Just resume school tomorrow, * laughs evily*, see whether we won't deal with you in this school. Even though you're the head girl, you mean nothing to us! Just get ready. Tomorrow ehn, even your sister won't be able to defend you'.

Now, I'd have laughed because I know Dazzline will defend me. But still, that threat is too much, abeg!.

"You should probably just drop me at your house. I don't want to go to school" I replied.

"Sorry sis. But you have to go to school" she said. "You're head girl. You have to start performing your duties as an head girl"

"But...."

"But nothing. Omotara, I won't fill in for you" she replied. "Meet me downstairs. The driver is waiting for us"

She left my room and I sighed. It's been a while since I was scared to go to school. That was when I was in junior school. And I hate that feeling!

"Bye mom...bye dad" I said to my parents. "Good bye granny"

"Omotara, spare me a minute of your time" Grandma said.

I nodded and we walked to the kitchen. "Anike!" She said with a warm smile. "I know you're scared"

I smiled sadly.

"If this is still about the breakup, then you have to let go. You need to act like it's not affecting you. Take a good look at yourself! You look miserable!" She exclaimed.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked. Everyon has been telling me I look miserable.

"Just because your parents chose not to talk about it doesn't mean they didn't notice" she replied. "Promise me you won't let yourself get bullied"

"You know I can't promise you that. I'll try. Bye" I hugged her before running to the car because I'm getting late.

************

"See you around" Dazzline said as soon as we entered the school premises.

"Where are you going?" I asked.