Chapter 4

She'd always known this would be a possibility. 

To be taken. 
Chosen as a mate. 
.....Or worse. 

She hadn't missed the way her own kind offered her along with mere thousands of survivors as leverage to the aliens

She hadn't missed the way her own kind offered her along with mere thousands of survivors as leverage to the aliens. This special broadcast had been the last thing her tv had displayed before the world 'crashed'.
The image still burned in the back of her mind making the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. 

She steadied her breath. 
'I'm ok... I'm still alive. If they wanted to kill me they would have done it by now.'
She reassured herself with the thought. 

She took in the small group of human women that sat around the 'hospital room' she'd woken up in. 

Most were still groggy.  She yawned, feeling the effects of whatever medication they'd given her to induce sleep. 

She had no idea how long she'd been asleep, but she felt it could have been months or even years.  She laughed at the thought as she took in her fingernails.  They'd hardly grown.  If this was any indication, she'd not been asleep 'that' long. 

The chatter in the room started to pick up as the women became more alert. 

No one seemed over anxious or even worried. 

It was almost if they'd expected to wake up here.  Wherever here was. 
Sudden laughter rang out from her right, and she shifted to see a blonde haired girl genuinely laughing as she talked to two other women. 

Something did not add up.  

"Well somebody's excited to get some alien lovin." The girl to her left snickered as she leaned her head slightly towards Macon. 
"Hi, I'm Jielly." The girl smiled. 
"Macon." She extended her hand as her name fell from her lips for the first time in years. 

Macon's questioning glance did not go unnoticed. 

"I take it you didn't plan on a first class trip to Aturi." She said phrasing it more as a question than statement. 

"Umm... not in the least." Macon let out a nervous breath. 

Well, at least the girl had been able to confirm her fears.  She had been or was being taken to an alien planet.  A shiver ran down Macon's spine, and she let out a small gasp.

How had she let herself get caught. 

She'd been so careless. 

"Hey, it's ok." The girl rested a reassuring hand on Macon's shoulder. 

Macon looked the girl in the eyes, "you were ok being taken by them?"

"The Aturians?" The girl furrowed her brows. 

Macon nodded slightly. 

"Most of us," she said looking around at the group of women, "have lived on this space station for months if not years.  I personally have been for the past three years."

"Against your will?" Macon whispered. 

"Oh, no of course not. I practically had to beg the commander to bring me."

"Why?" Macon's shock was clear. 

"Surely you know why. Things on Earth were horrible.  We would have starved or been killed." The girl continued. 

Macon leaned back in her chair and tried to process what the girl had said. 

'These women would rather travel to an alien planet than carry on as a topsider.' Macon finally considered the option.  She too had faced plenty of hardships while trying to survive among the remnants.  Maybe somehow this would be better. 

She was startled from her thoughts as a thin male Autrian walked from behind a partition. 

She swallowed down her nerves. 

"Mix!" The blonde from earlier squealed as she headed towards the male. 

Macon noticed the slightest pink hue on the male's otherwise ashen face. 

"Jessica." He greeted.  "You're first on my list. Ladies, I'll call you one at a time.  The commander has brought several attendants on board to prepare you for tonight's celebrations."

"That sounds wonderful." She clapped her hands in delight as she followed Mix out of view. 

Macon's eyebrows furrowed as she turned to Jielly. "Prepare us? What celebration is he talking about?"

 "Prepare us? What celebration is he talking about?"

"Oh girl, relax.  I promise it's all gonna be O.K." Jielly was so sure of this that Macon eventually did relax. Well as much as humanly possible.

One by one the girls disappeared with Mix and didn't return. 

Finally, all that remained were the two women. 

"Looks like I'm next," Jielly said coming to her feet and snapping Macon out of her thoughts.  

"Will I see you again?" Macon asked hurriedly. 

"Tonight." Jielly said in a duh tone. 

"Oh!" Macon said in surprise. 

"Ok, see you then."

After a few minutes alone, Mix came for Macon. 

"Ms.  Macon." He greeted.  "I take it your conversations have put you at ease.  The commander feared you might be....." he stopped as a curiosity flooded Macon face. 

"Clearly you have taken to the situation." He said as Macon stood to follow behind him. 

XxX
A striking female had helped bring Macon back to her once former glory. 

She'd taken special care to remove the tangles and damaged ends from Macon brown hair.  She'd even gone as far as to trim her fingernails and toenails. 

Macon felt proud as she looked into a floor length mirror to admire how she had been transformed from a cavewoman into the young woman she remembered herself being. 

After a shower and "the works" Macon was allowed to pick out two dresses.  The one she currently wore was beautiful, and she had trouble not rubbing on the silky fabric. 

The other dress had been delivered to her living quarters. 

Macon was led to a waiting area and was instructed that someone would come to escort her new residence.

As she played with the hem of her dress, it felt as if sparks ignited over every inch of her skin.