Ch. 36

Macon tensed seeing the look in his eyes.  There was more there than the primal hunger that was evident in the way he approached her. 

His steps were slow as he closed the space between them as though he thought she might run at any moment. 

Now only a breath away from her, with one finger he tilted her face up to search for the hesitation that he somehow knew he'd find there. 

Her eyes were full and assessing.  They trailed to his mouth that was partially open revealing his sharp incisors. 

She shivered. 

They ached to pierce her flesh in their mating, sealing them in their bonding for as long as they'd live. 

With the reverence that such a moment deserved, he trailed his fingertips over the place he would mark this very night down to her chest and circled around behind her. 

He brought Macon's back flush against his chest and leaned his head down to kiss light kisses down the side of her neck as he slowly unbuttoned her dress. 

Once it was loose, it fell to the ground in a heap to the cave floor. 

Xane spun Macon around slowly to face him. 

He was surprised when his breath caught in his chest at the sight of her soft body. 

A low growl resonated in his chest.  She moaned in answer as he pulled her by a hand towards the steaming pool of water that settled at the base of the carvern. 

When they'd reached the edge of the ebony stone that held the hot waters, Xane scooped her into his arms.  He lowered down into the water and Macon found herself straddled on his waist; the thin fabric of his pants the only thing between them. 

Creamy steam curled through the cave and around them like a blanket.  Macon stilled as she noticed Xane's skin was speckled with tiny golden droplets.  Only now did Macon notice the glowing golden liquid that trickled down the magma-like stone and formed tiny pools in various areas. 

"Artu oils," Xane said breaking the silence between them. 

"Artu oils," she repeated. 

Xane dipped her finger into the liquid and golden liquid dropped down into the water and swirled before dissipating.

He trailed her finger over  one of glowing bands on his arm, and she understood what had caused all of the glowing markings on his skin. 

"Artu oil," he said as her eyes returned to to his, "are used in our sacred ceremonies."

"Once we— are bonded," he said hesitantly, "I will paint you."

Macon shivered at the thought, and watched as Xane dipped a finger in the oil and brought it instinctively to Macon's lips and dripped a single drop on her lips. 

She lick at the substance. "It is also a great relaxant."

Only moments later, Macon's head warmed, and she took a deep breath curving into Xane pressing her forehead against his. 

A wicked smile curved his lips as he sucked the liquid from his own finger and a few drops trailed down his chin. 

Macon licked at the golden trailed before she could think better of it.

"You make me dizzy," she whispered. 

A low chuckle rumbled in Xane's chest.  "I think it's the Artu that's made you dizzy, my dear."

Macon sighed and leaned against Xane and his arms wrapped around her. 

Pressing a kiss to her head, he whispered. "This is the best moment I can ever remember living."

Feeling bold, Macon grabbed at the hem of Xane's pants.  "You know— I don't think it's fair that you still have these on."

Xane's laughter was sensual she thought, and he stood steadying her on her feet. 

Slowly, he undid the tie at the hem of his pants and tugged them down. 

Macon's heart stopped, and he sat back down. 

His gaze found hers, and she blushed when he raised a challenging brow at her.

"Fair enough now?"

She nodded in response. 

When she didn't immediately return to him, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to him possessively. 

His smooth palms slid up her sides from her hips and covered her breasts. 

She moved closer, and her knees dug into the porous stone.  

Xane growled and kneaded her hips with his large palms pulling her flush against his lap. 

A sound that was a mix a pain and desperation rang from Macon. 

She moved slowly as Xane's hold on her relaxed. 

Hot kisses were trailed over her chin and as he reached her mouth his tongue explored her.

He shutterd beneath her as he met her movement. 

Her hands wrapped behind his head and in his hair for leverage. 

In the end, they both found the release they'd craved for so long as Xane's incisors grazed Macon's shoulder claiming her.