Ch. 45

Macon fell promptly to the ground on her backside as she'd done so many times today. The blunt force of the laser blasting a limb from a nearby tree- not her target. For nearly two weeks now she'd done the same. Her body ached from her continued resignation. She wouldn't give up.

Her frustration simmered beneath the surface as she picked herself up from the ground once again. Dusting off her clothes, she turned her attention back to the Aturian weapon in her hands. It seemed to mock her, its sleek design now an emblem of her struggle to master it.

Chiss stood nearby, his expression a mix of concern and determination. He had been patient, offering guidance and advice, but despite their efforts, Macon couldn't seem to harness the weapon's power. Her shots went awry, missing the mark by wide margins.

Chiss sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Macon, you need to focus. Find your center and visualize the target. It's crucial to align your intention with the weapon."

Macon gritted her teeth, her frustration bubbling to the surface. "I am trying, Chiss! But it feels like no matter what I do, the damn thing just won't cooperate."

Chiss stepped closer, his voice gentle but firm. "This weapon is advanced, Macon. It requires precision and control. It won't simply respond to brute force. You need finesse, an understanding of its inner workings."

Her brows furrowed, a mixture of determination and exasperation crossing her features. "I get it, Chiss. I understand the theory, but putting it into practice is proving to be a real challenge."

Chiss nodded, his gaze filled with empathy. "Learning to wield such a weapon takes time. Patience is key."

Macon's frustration gave way to a sense of resignation. She leaned against a nearby tree, her hands gripping the weapon tightly. "This isn't helping! Im not getting better."

Chiss moved to her side, his voice softening. "Perhaps you need a steadiness until you are more comfortable wielding the weapon."

Moving in closer, his body pressed against her backside, their forms fitting together with an undeniable magnetism.The weight of the weapon they held became a mere afterthought as the intensity of their connection intensified. A charged silence enveloped them, the air thick with unspoken desire.

Macon's breath hitched as she felt the heat of Chiss's body against her own, his presence awakening a flurry of sensations she couldn't ignore. The steady beat of her heart echoed in her ears, mirroring the erratic rhythm of her thoughts. This training session had taken an unexpected turn, their actions betraying a deeper longing that simmered beneath the surface.

With Chiss's guidance, their hands intertwined on the weapon, their fingers brushing and interlocking in a display of unity. His touch sent a shiver down Macon's spine, igniting a fire within her that she struggled to contain. Every breath they shared felt electric, the energy between them palpable.

As they steadied the weapon, Chiss's firm grip mirrored the intensity of his gaze. Their eyes locked in a moment of unspoken understanding, their unyielding attraction burning brightly in the depths of their souls. In that fleeting instant, the world around them faded, leaving only the raw desire that pulsed between them.

Finally, she took aim— connecting with her mark. Her body colliding with his unmovable form.

Her smile was infectious.

"Again," he commanded not breaking from his stance behind her.

With each calculated movement, their bodies danced to an unspoken rhythm, a delicate balance of passion and restraint. The line between training and temptation blurred, the tension escalating with every passing second. The weapon became a vessel for their unspoken desires, an extension of their connection.

Macon's heart raced, her mind consumed by the intensity of the moment. The boundaries that held them apart trembled, their desire threatening to overflow. But they fought against it, their sense of duty and the complexities of their situation keeping their actions in check, even as the chemistry between them burned hotter than ever.

Reluctantly, Macon took a step back, breaking the intoxicating proximity between them. Their gazes lingered, the unspoken words hanging in the air like a forbidden promise. The weight of their mutual attraction remained, a magnetic force that neither could fully deny.

Chiss's voice was laced with a husky undertone, his eyes locked onto hers. "You're doing well, Macon. We will continue this tomorrow."

Macon swallowed hard, pushing the hair from her face. Her eyes searched his, a desperate hunger circulated in their depths.