Ch. 48

⚠️ vulnerable woman- please read with discretion!

Xane

As the repugnant male approached Macon, his heart roared with a primal fury. Despite the chains that bound him, he fought against his restraints like a man unhinged. Each movement sent waves of pain lancing through his body, but his indomitable spirit refused to be extinguished.

His vision blurred with unshed tears of rage and despair as he witnessed the male's disgusting advances towards Macon's delicate form. A guttural growl rumbled deep within his chest, his hands clenching into fists as he longed to tear the predator apart with his bare hands.

Macon, in her bound state, attempted to retreat, her defiance shining through her fear. But the cruel reality was that there was no escape for her, no refuge from the clutches of her tormentor.

The sound of her soft protests reached his ears, stirring a surge of white hot rage.  He roared and struggled against the chains again.

His desperate anguish was answered with a wicked laugh. 

The f-cker—-he'd kill him. 

Xane watched in horror as the bastard stroked his finger across her breast and down her exposed middle.

She attempted to move away, but there was simply no escape. 

His hand continued southward as her angered refusal melted into whimpers. 

Through gritted teeth, Xane growled, his voice laced with a mix of fury and defeat. "Stop... I beg you," he uttered, his words dripping with the anguish of his inability to protect the one he loved. It was a plea borne from the depths of his soul. 

What did this sick bastard want from them? Xane's mind raced, searching for answers, for a glimmer of hope. Was this a sick fantasy, or was there something more sinister at play? Regardless, he knew he had to put an end to Macon's suffering, no matter the cost.

"What do you require of me?" His words, a desperate plea, fell short— too weak to reach the other male's ears. 

He had to stop this.

Summoning every ounce of his remaining strength, Xane roared with defiance, his voice thundering through the air. "I will do whatever you require. Leave her alone," he bellowed, his eyes blazing with unwavering determination. The plea was weighted, his sacrifice offered in exchange for Macon's safety.

The male's attention was momentarily diverted, his gaze shifting from Macon to Xane, a wicked glint in his eyes. Xane panted heavily, his body trembling with exhaustion and fury. "What is it that you desire?" he managed to rasp, his voice strained with a mix of desperation and defiance.

His attention torn from Xane's female, he took slow deliberate steps down from the dais. 

"You know," he said- amusement lacing his voice.  "There is something."

Xane panted as his head lowered— unable to face the elation in the other male's face. 

A twisted smile curled upon the male's lips as he approached. "You see, if I have the Royal Commander at my disposal, I have the power to command the entire fleet," he taunted, relishing in the agony etched across Xane's features.
'Fuck,' Xane thought.  "And if you don't?" 

He had the audacity to look over his shoulder at Macon.  He golden skin on full display.  "There are ways that I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement."

Dread settled in the depths of Xane's soul as he pondered the male's sinister words. He knew he had to tread carefully, to buy Macon's safety with whatever means necessary. But his heart burned with determination, vowing to protect her from this nightmare, even if it meant making a deal with the devil himself.