Chapter 37-Late Night Betrayal

But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies

I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on her
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

~Olivia Rodrigo-Happier~

Adam's POV

Last night felt like a blur. My whole body is sore and my head feels like shit. I got up only to not recognize my surroundings. I was in a bed, that's all I could think of. I was alone tho, no girl so I must've dreamed about some weird stuff last night.

My head was pounding as I tried lifting myself up from the fluffy sheets of the king sized bed.

Oh shit. Emma. I never spoke to her last night. Where the fuck was I all night, then?

As my memories started to slowly sink in my eyes went wide as I was telling myself that it can't be real.

All I remember is that I kissed some random girl and then somehow I got into my right mind and told her to fuck off because I have a girlfriend. How am I going to confess what I did to her? She will hate me.

I decided that I am going to get some flowers and breakfast. Maybe she will forgive me. I thought to myself as I got ready to face one of the worst days of my life. It's like I'm becoming my dad. He used to hurt my mom physically and emotionally.

' "Adam, listen to me. Your father is here earlier tonight so go, run and hide in your closet and don't get out of there until the shouting stops." Mumbled mother while pushing my little body away from the livingroom.

"But, mother, why can't we just run away? I don't like him hurting you, we can run away together and he won't have to ruin our lives anymore." I whined and pulled at her shirt as tears went down my puffy cheeks.

"Sweetheart, we've talked about this. I tried making money so we can get out of here but he found them and spent them all on his bar friends." She whispered as she hugged me tightly but my sobs were getting louder as I was having another panic attack.

"Mary, I'm home! Where the fuck are you, bitch?!" Mother pushed me inside my room and closed the door behind her. The last glance I got was her worried blue eyes staring into my green forest ones."'

I can vividly remember that night because the screams didn't stop until the next morning. That night I sat hopeless in my closet, trying to make my tears fade away. Father thought me that only little girls cry, men don't shed even one tear. He was wrong. He never loved my mother or me and I just got used to living like that. Back then I couldn't do anything but, now, I can.

I became just like my father. The men I promised that I will kill if he even looked into my eyes.

I was embarrassed of my actions and I felt sorry but she must've slept with that jerk too. I'll kill him if he touches her again.

Emma's POV

My head felt like a million needles punctured it and I absolutely hated it. I tried opening my eyes but the light was just too bright so I covered my face with a blanket.