Chapter 10 - The Halloween Party

Emma's POV
(unedited)

It has been a few weeks since me and Adam became friends. He never said anything about the night we went to the cemetery.

I'm glad because I wouldn't have known what to say to him. Sometimes you just get it, you just have to understand stuff without actually having to explain it or hear it. Sometimes you just know that what happened remains in the past and that sometimes silence is what remains after all the talking. You just can't talk anymore, cause silence took you too.

Today it's Halloween, the night everyone gets to dress as their favorite characters from tv shows or movies, their favorite artist or their favorite animal.

What do I do? I stay in bed all night, watching horror movies until I fall asleep.

Yeah, I know, it's pretty boring but I don't like going to parties or getting drunk until I can't remember my name.

That's what Alyson and Skylar usually do. They drink and then find some cute guy that probably won't even remember them the next day. But hey, I don't judge. Some people have their own way to cope with life.

Every Halloween someone has to throw a party at their place so, Emily, Adam's girlfriend, decided to throw the party at Adam's place because his mom and Anna are in Switzerland to visit their grandmother.

Emily and Adam met last week at a party and since then they have been together, or that's what everyone says. Emily tried to kiss Adam so many times but he always finds an excuse, denying her kisses. That's kind of weird because they're together, at least that's what she told me.

Three days ago she came to my locker to tell me to stay away from her boyfriend because she had seen the way I looked at him. The way I looked at him?! Then she hasn't seen the way other girls look at him. She also told me that if she will see me near him ever again I would have to deal with her. To be honest, I never understood the girls that claim a guy as 'theirs'. If a guy does that the girl starts complaining, saying that he's way to possessive but if a girl does it, then it's ok? I'll never get this world. We say we want rights but barely respect others rights sometimes.

Adam hasn't talked to me since Thursday, that was 3 days ago so I guess he had to choose between me and her, and he choose her.

I'm not gonna lie, it hurts because he had been there for me when I needed him and now he's gone. He's very annoying but, well, once there's no one to annoy you anymore you kind of start to miss it.

Since I met him my nightmares stopped but a couple of nights back I had them again and they are getting worse every night. Last night I woke up with his picture in my hands. My hands were shaking and I just went back to sleep, saying to myself that it was just a dream. This morning, his photo was on my bed, exactly where I've put it last night.

Today I will just stay home with a blanket and a hot chocolate in my bed watching Supernatural. That's all I need, chocolate and my tv shows.

I am watching the episode "Yellow fever" and I can't stop laughing.

SPOILER FROM SUPERNATURAL!

Dean just opened the locker and a cat jumped out of it making him scream and I started laughing even harder.

No more spoilers.

Suddenly, someone entered my room. I dropped my bag of popcorn as Skylar just stood in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why are you in your bed?" Said Skylar as she rolled her eyes and came next to me. "It's Halloween!" She said while closing my only chance at happiness. My laptop.