Chapter 22 - Shopping

Emma's POV
(unedited)

After Adam sang to me, we ate a few sandwiches and after that we had ice cream as we laughed, remembering the lady from the supermarket.

At the end of the night, I fell asleep on his shoulder while watching the stars and . Without waking me up he took me home and put me in my bed. My mom opened the door for him.

Today Skylar and I are going shopping because apparently I need to wear a dress.

Sometimes I wear them but I don't really like wearing them. They make me feel insecure about myself. That's why most of the time I wear hoodies. 

"Why is your closet full with hoodies ? Are you stealing a boy's hoodies? " I hear Skylar say while taking one of my black hoodies.

"No, they are all mine." I said taking my hoodie back. Well, now I have one of Adam's.

"Where are all the good stuff like, I don't know, tops, skirts, cute dresses?"

"I do have cute dresses!" I said while looking at her.

"No sweety , you only have one dress and let me tell you, even that dress wishes for no one to wear her." She said sad.

"Even if I'll buy a dress I'll probably never wear it." I said while looking at the ceiling in my bedroom.

"Yeah, but your friend here might borrow it from time to time." She said smiling.

"Like you borrowed that cute pair of jeans that you never gave back?" I asked laughing.

"Hey, my mom borrowed them too!" She said while hitting me with a pillow.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

"I hate shopping." I groaned as we entered the mall.

"Well , I love shopping."

"Of course you do. The mall became like your second home, you come here every day." I stated.

"That's not true!" She said while looking down.

"Ok, maybe it is but let's not talk about that let's talk about your date with Mister hottie." She said smirking.

"Didn't you like him?" I asked her laughing.

"I did but now I don't anymore." She said shrugging.

"Now, spill the tea." She said excited.

"First of all, it wasn't a date and second of all it was amazing, he sang to me and we ate sandwiches and ice cream looking at the stars." I said blushing.

"I wish guys will be more like him."

"Believe me, you don't." I said while thinking about all the annoying stuff he's done over the past few months.

"Omg! This is it! This is your dress!" She started screaming and jumping.

"Come on, it's just a dre- " When I looked at the dress my eyes lit up.  It was so beautiful. It looked like it was made for a princess.

"You're right. This is it!" I said as I looked at Skylar.

"I know! Now, let's go and find some pair of high heels for this."

"I have to wear heels?!" I groaned.

"What did you though you'll wear? Your vans shoes?" She laughed.

"Well, if I wear them no one will know because the dress is so long that it covers them." I said .

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"You did not just say that." She said while looking at a red pair of heels.

"Well, no one will know." I mumbled. I don't want to wear heels.  Last time I wore heels my feet were in pain for over a week.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

After three hours of shopping we finally went eating. I kind of didn't tell Skylar that Dylan cheated on me yet. I don't want her to be worried about me but I'll have to tell her because she will hear from someone eventually.

"So, Dylan cheated on me." I said as I took a bite from my hamburger.

"You knew?!" She asked spitting her coke.

"Yeah, I kind of caught him with my sister, in my bed." I said shrugging. 

"Yeah, I kind of saw them before you but I didn't wanted to tell you because I knew that you started liking him." She said looking down.

"You knew?! And you didn't tell me?" I said kind of disappointed. I'm not mad at her, she only did this so that I could be happy.

"Yeah, sorry...please don't be mad at me!" She said with puppy eyes.

"You know that I can never get mad at you." I said smiling.

"I can't wait for next week, it's going to be Christmas finally."

"Yeah, I know, and I still have to buy a lot of presents." I said knowing that I'll have to come back here this week. 

"Me too." She said.

We started talking about school and then I saw him entering the mall. Adam.

What is he doing here? I tried to look down and hide my face but Skylar called him to our table.

"Hi." I hear him say as I looked up.

"Hi." I said looking down at my hands.

"Hi Adam.....and you are?" I hear Skylar say. I look at the guy beside Adam and then he smiles.

"I'm Austin, Adam's cousin." He said while kissing her hand.

"I'm Skylar and this is Emma." She said pointing at me.

"I know, Adam has told me so much about you." He said now looking at me. I blushed and I looked down at my hands.

"It is nice to meet you." He said and I nodded smiling.

"So, what are you girls doing?" Says Adam looking at me.

"Shopping." I hear Skylar say.

"Cool, we were just going to grab a bite then leave. So we'll talk later?" He asks and I nod smiling. 

I saw Austin giving something to Skylar as he whispered something to her. She blushed giggling.

After a couple of minutes we left the mall and we went to Skylar's car.

"So, what did he gave you." I asked Skylar and she just looked down blushing.

"He gave me his number and he told me to call him when I'm free." She said and after that the only sound in the car was the radio.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

Hi guys, new chapter 💜

Vote, comment and follow me 💗

Xoxo- Cat lover ❤