Chapter 4- Skylar.

"He understood me better than I understood myself."

Skylar

' "Daddy, please don't leave!" I muttered through tears as I pulled him by his leg.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, daddy wil come back soon, I promise." He looked sad, disappointed even. With my little hands I tried holding on to him as tightly as I could but mommy came in and pulled me away from him.

"Leave my daughter alone, you alcoholic freak!" She yelled as she held me to her chest while I was trying to escape her arms. Why is daddy leaving? Does he hate me? Why is mommy yelling at him? Is it because of me?

"I'll be back sugar, listen to mommy, ok? Daddy loves you." With that daddy kissed my forehead and left, leaving our home silently as my tears poured out." '

"Skylar, are you smoking in your room?!" Shit. Mom found out.

"No, mom! It's just a new perfume!" I yelled back as I threw the cigarette outside my window and tried engulfing the air with some of my strawberry perfume.

"Don't tell Emma, please Adam." I muttered as I held my breath, waiting for a positive answer. I love Emma but she can't know about my past and about what's really going on in my life.

"I won't tell her, don't worry, never heard a thing." I sighed in relief as Adam's response assured me that Emma will be safe.

"I've gotta go, mom's smelling my clothes. If she gets to the pillows, arrange me a nice memorial, bring Dylan O'Brien and I'll maybe forgive you." Adam chuckled as we both said goodbye and hung up.

"Skylar, if I find even one cigarette, you're out on the streets." My heart started racing as I sprinted to my bedroom and took the pack of cigarettes I had under my pillow and threw it outside my window where i previously threw my first cigarette. I'll go back and get it once mom's out of my room.

I wish dad could be here. I barely remember how he looked or sounded like. My last memory of him was with my mother that was yelling at him and he promised he will be back but, I guess some promises fade away as time passes by.

"It smells like death here, Skylar. UGH, if only your father was here, he would've been so disappointed." That was the last stroke. I took my phone and ran down the stairs.

I need a cigarette. I thought as I looked outside my window, trying to find the pack that I threw away just a few minutes ago.

Where is it? I can swear I threw it right outsi-

"Looking for this?" I heard a deep voice whisper from behind me as I immediately turned around only to see a tall guy with brown hair and hazel eyes holding MY cigarettes.

"These, are mine." I emphasize the word 'mine' as I tried grabbing them but his hand moved backwards.

"Na ah, you owe me, some stranger could've found them and leave with them but I found them, therefore what do I get in return?"

"How about, a punch in your throat." I said cutely as I fluttered my eyelashes. I hate being this frustrated and not having my cigarettes.

"How about, a date, coffee? It's on me." I thought about it for a few seconds. It was either staying here with my crazy mother or go to coffee with a complete stranger that might or might not be a serial killer.

"Fine, but only for a few hours, because I'm bored. After that we never hear from eachother again." He nodded and handed me one cigarette as I raised my eyebrows.

"You'll get the rest of them once the date is over." I groaned and went along with his decision as we made our way to the nearest coffee shop.

"I heard yelling when I was passing by your window. I know it's not my place to ask but, are you ok?" His eyes tried following mine but I ignored his piercing stare, facing the front not daring to turn my look towards him. Who is he anyway?