4

"I make excuses my friends know the truth is I'm not as alright as I claim"- olivia rodrigo

Emma

(Edited)

' Live as if it's your last day'
Another note left on my pillow next to my head.

Name one confusing stalker. I'll go first. Adam Stone. I mean, he is aware I know he broke into my place and he still has the nerve to continue doing it?

It's like a thief coming to steal from a house twice in a row.

You got the reaction you wanted, so why still go on?

As I was walking, I thought of the unknown number from last night. Maybe it wasn't a mistake? Will they call again? How do they have my number? Why did they call? Was it Adam? So many questions yet maybe one possible answer.

I pushed the doors to the bathroom and went through my backpack to look for napkins.

I zoned out while staring into the mirror, washing my hands, when two girls entered the bathroom.

"Aren't you that freak that was all over Sam yesterday? God, you're so desperate for attention. " One of them said as I suddenly turned around and paid attention to what she was saying.

"Aren't you too old to be in highschool? I think the retirement home is next-door. " I spoke without thinking. I think I got a boost of confidence. The kind that's gonna get me in a fight.

"What did you say, skunk?" She said through her teeth, pushing me against the sink as her friend took out the piece of gum she was chewing, handing it to her.

Shit.

"Goodluck trying to get this out of your nest." She stuck the piece of gum on the back of my head and then slammed me against the sink one more time before taking her friend, heading out of the bathroom leaving me alone, surrounded by my thoughts.

As I started walking down the hallway tears started pouring out of my eyes. I went to my locker and once I got my books I turned around, and there he was, right in front of me. Adam.

''Hey, little thief'' He grinned as I rolled my eyes and walked right past him.

''Hey, are you okay?" He questioned, fake concern lingering in his voice. He walked at my pace trying to keep up with me as I refused to look him in the eye.

''Why would you care? You don't have anyone to hop on your motorcycle that would land straight into your bed?'' I said as he stopped walking.

''Yeah, go! I don't care anyway.'' He yelled as I just sighed while looking down and closed my eyes for a few seconds heading to my next class.

Adam

"Yeah, go! I don't care anyway." I yelled as loudly as I could. She just stopped for a second and then just as she stopped she looked down, her face covered by her hair. She continued to walk as I made my way to my locker. I opened it, only to find it almost empty.

Fucking great...I forgot my notebook
at home. I thought as my mind was full of thoughts with my mysterious  thief. I punched my locker and then just made my way to next class. I might seem stupid but I'm not. Rude sometimes but not stupid.

I entered the classroom and everyone's eyes landed on me.

"You want a fucking show or something? Mind your own business." I said while looking at everyone with a bored look on my face.

I threw my backpack on one of the few chairs left. Her spot was still empty. How? She left before me so she should've been here. I rolled my eyes as a girl sat next to me. I got my headphones out and put them on. Music saves me from having to listen to boring people everyday.