Chapter 13- Getting punished for someone else's sins.

Some mistakes can't be erased or forgotten.

Adam's POV
(unedited)

I was walking through the parking lot when I saw Emma with that new kid. My eyes went dark as I looked at her, holding his hands. All I felt was disgust and rage. Emma is mine. Mine to have, mine to hold. His hands are touching what is mine. I wanted to yell, to punch him, to not even look at Emma anymore. Having feelings for someone that you know is way out of your league is so fucked up.

Ofcourse, I didn't do anything. I just stood there, like some dumb statue, just listening to their conversation while hiding in the darkness.

"Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asked her as I clenched my fists. I knew that this kid was trouble since I saw him. Now he is asking her on a date?! He can't ask her on a date! Why? Cause I fucking said so. It might be toxic or whatever shit people might think but if I'm not good enough for her then he's not good enough for her either. Maybe somebody's question right now will be: Who gives you the right to say that? Who the hell said I need anyone's approval? I know Emma better than she knows herself.

"Y-Yeah , sure." She did not just say that. I have a girlfriend but I never kissed her because of Emma. I don't know what's happening with me. As those words left her lips my heart went cold.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm myself down but nothing was working so I just got out of there. With a fast pace I reached my locker and as my mind just focused on their conversation again and again. I never had the guts to tell her how I feel.

I screamed her name as I punched my locker so hard that now it was broken. I heard a pair of heels coming to my direction so I took a deep breath.

"Hey." I looked behind me to see Emily. She was dressed in a mini skirt and a short pink crop  top. I fucking hate crop tops. Who the hell invented a piece of clothing that is covering only half of your body? Plus, these shitty crop tops are even more expensive than a proper shirt.

"Hi." I said while slamming my locker shut. I looked at her outfit with disgust as she checked her her piece of gum loudly. This girl is getting on my fucking nerves. Why am I with her? I don't know, being popular means being with the most popular girl in the highschool.

I looked into her eyes. Maybe kissing her would make me forget about Emma. She was annoying but kissing her won't hurt anyone, right?

I pressed my lips to hers as she stumbled back a little, dropping her purse. I then took her hand and guided her to one of the bathrooms. No one will be here at this hour since all the classes were over.

I pushed Emm-, I mean, Emily against the bathroom's wall as she moaned something that I didn't quite get.

Her backpack falled to the ground as I heard the door of the bathroom open, indicating that someone someone entered it.

I didn't get to see who it is because when I looked at the door there was no one there. It was like the door was never opened by someone but a scent of chocolate perfume was left behind.

"I'm sorry, this was a mistake." I said, regretting that I have kissed her. I pushed myself off of her and turned around, ready to get the fuck out of here.

"Is this because of her?!" She asked with a scent of anger in her voice.

"Because of who?" I asked as I rolled my eyes, not knowing who she was talking about. There was silence for a while but when she went past me she whispered one name that gave me the chills.

"Emma." I don't say anything so she got her things and left.

I don't even know why we are together. I thought that if I would be with someone then I will forget about Emma, but I was wrong. She is the only girl I think of, day and night. She is hunting my dreams and my days. Emma, you don't even realise how obsessed I am with you, with your soft small lips, with your colorful laugh, with your bright eyes, with your long brown hair, with the way you play with your sleeves when you're nervous. I don't know how long I can deny the feelings that are sitting right in front of me.