Chapter 12- Bad boys read too.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

Emma's POV
(Edited)

I turned around, thinking that maybe if I get inside the house he would not bother me anymore. Well, guess I was wrong.

"What are you doing?" I heard him whisper into my ear as a shiver went down my spine.

"Getting inside my house." I mumbled trying to open the door but he turned me around so that I could face him.

"I meant, why are you avoiding me?" He asked, while looking into my eyes. His eyes, were focus on mine as I looked down but he lifted my chin up, with his finger.

"I'm not avoiding you." I simply stated, turning around so that I could get away from him.

"Yeah, sure you're not. Do you think I'm stupid princess? Do you take me as all those stupid guys that have a brain smaller than a nut?" He asked, while taking my hands into his. I tried saying something but he shushed me.

"If you want an apology then, fine, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things about you." He said while looking down and throwing his hands in the air.

"Don't you get it?! I'm not mad that you said those things about me! I'm mad because you think that just because I'm shy and a nerd people won't speak to me!" I yelled as he took my hands into his then pinned them against the wall. What the-

"Is this about that new kid?" He asked angrily while looking into my eyes as my hands were still pinned against the wall, from my house.

"His name is Dylan and in this past week he was the only one who stayed by my side and cheered me up." I mumbled slowly as he just started into my eyes. His face was inches away from mine. I had to look up to look into his eyes cause he was so much taller than me.

"Adam." I whispered slowly.

"Yes?" He asked, his eyes, still fixed on mine. It looked like he wasn't even aware of what he was doing.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked while looking up, at my hands.

He rolled his eyes, and freed my hands, leaving me, once again, confused. He put his hands in his pockets and shrugged while smirking.

"Whatever, let's just work on the project." He said, trying to look calm.

I looked at him weirdly as I started questioning things. Why is he always like this?

We entered my house and I got out my books.

When Adam got his out I gasped.

"Who killed your books?" I asked as he chuckled.

"My sister likes playing with them so yeah." He said while I looked at the books that had their covers full of pastel colors and they were ripped in some places.

"Where are your notebooks?" I asked as he tilted his head to the side and pointed at one little notebook on the floor.

"That's the only notebook that you have?" I asked shocked as he nodded proudly.

"It's a progress, at least I have one, now. I used to only have pieces of paper." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I hope that at least he's the only one doing this.

He got up from the floor and looked around my room. He looked at my bookshelf and picked my favorite book by Shakespeare.

"Romeo and Juliet? Kind of boring actually." As he said that I started thinking, that I'm hallucinating or hearing things. Adam...reads?