Chapter 21 - The Anonymous

Emma's POV
(unedited)

Come on, you can do this. I said to myself as I opened my sister's door. She was on her bed, reading a magazine.

"We need to talk." I said with a serious look on my face.

"About what?" She said, bored and not even looking at me.

"I saw you last night with Dylan." I said felling my eyes getting watery.

"So?"

"So? Since when have you and him been together." I asked, looking at my hands.

"Who says that we are together? We are just friends with benefits, and I don't know, like, one month?" She said now looking at me.

"He went on a date with me 3 weeks ago!" I said angry.

"Yeah, I know." She said, with no emotion.

"You knew?!" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, he was your friend just because I told him so."

"W-why?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Because you couldn't get over the fact that he died, so I wanted you to move on."

"Move on?" I said while laughing.

"Yeah, it's not like you like him." She said laughing.

I didn't say anything, and she started laughing harder.

"Omg, you like him? Well it's not my fault that you're so naive to think that a guy like him will fall for someone like you." She was right. I should have figured out the moment he started talking with me.

I got out of her room and started crying.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

In 5 days it's going to be the winter formal and I don't think that I'm going because I don't like parties and I don't have a date. Ok, I just don't like parties.

"Come on Emma, you have to go, I don't want to be the only one there without a date." Said Skylar with pleading eyes.

"But you have a date , your boyfriend." I said while drinking my coffee.

We were currently at Starbucks and we were arguing about why I wouldn't go to the ball.

"Yeah, about that, I kind of broke up with him a week ago." She said laughing awkwardly.

"Why? You and Ben were going out for like, what? 3 days give or take?" I said laughing awkwardly too.

"His name was Ben? I thought that his name was Ken?! " She whispered- screamed.

"Well, we will never know." I said while playing with my cup.

"Whatever, don't try to change the subject, you're going to the ball no matter what you say."

I groaned because I knew that she will drag me there by my dress if she has too. Yep, everyone, this is my crazy friend, Skylar.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

I finished my classes and I went to my locker. When I opened it an envelope and a bouquet of white roses fell out of it.

I opened the envelope .

' Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Let's meet up,
At the town's lake at two.

- Anonymous'