Chapter 20 - Nightmares and Cupcakes

Emma's POV
(unedited)

I felt betrayed, all I wanted to do was to just hug someone and tell them my problems . So that's what I did. I knocked at their door.

"MOM, COULD YOU PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR! " I hear Adam say.

" I CAN'T, I HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE TABLE !" His mom said.

When Adam opened the door he looked at me and then he hugged me.

" What's wrong princess ?" He asked looking down at my red face.

" T-That's..n-not....m-my......n-name." I said still crying.

"Come on, let's go to my room, I'll make you a hot chocolate and then if you want you can tell me what happened, ok?" I nodded as he closed the door behind me.

It was cold outside and all I had on was a T-shirt. 

"Here." He said while handing me one of his  hoodies. I looked at him and he smiled as I took the hoodie. It was so fluffy and it smelled like apples and cinnamon. 

"Who is it?" I hear his mom yell from the kitchen.

"Emma!" He yells back.

"W-weren't you s-supposed to h-help your m-mom?" I asked.

"She needed some help to make some cupcakes but it's fine." He said shrugging.

"N-no, I can h-help too." I say while whipping my tears with a napkin.

"Are you sure?" He asks concerned .

" It's f-fine." I say while following him to their kitchen.

When his mother saw me she hugged me tightly .

" Hi." I said smiling.

"So mom, do you still need some help with the cupcakes?"  I hear Adam say.

"Sure." She said smiling.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

After we got the ingredients for the cupcakes I started to put flour in a bowl. I thought about what happened a week ago after the market. It's time to get my revenge. I took the flour and when Adam wasn't looking I dropped the flour all over his pretty hair.

"You did not just put flour in my hair!" He said angry but what he did next was what really shocked me. He took three eggs and then he poured the inside of the eggs on my hair. I gasped as he started laughing.

"Let's make some cupcakes in your hair." I said as I took two eggs and poured the inside of the eggs on his hair over the flour.

After I did that we kind of had a food fight and when his mother came into the kitchen she started laughing and then before leaving she looked at me and winked. What is that supposed to mean?

After we cleaned the kitchen we made the cupcakes and they were delicious.

"Omg, this is so good." I said smiling.

"I know, it's my mom's recipe." Adam said smiling.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

He made the hot chocolates and then we went to his room. Yeah, that's when I broke down and started crying. Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breath. I was having a panic attack.

"Emma?!" I hear Adam say panicked. He hugged me and after a couple of minutes my breathing was normal.

"Ok, everything is going to be alright, just tell me what happened after I left." He said slowly and I nodded still crying.

"T-Tired...A-Alyson....D-Dylan...k-kiss...m-my room." That's all I got out. I started crying again and he hugged me.

I was feeling very tired from all the crying so I closed my eyes.

"You can sleep here tonight  if you want, I can sleep on the couch." He said but I just nodded sleepy.

Before I drifted off I heard him whisper something but I think it was just my imagination.

"I'll not let anyone hurt what's mine."

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

'I was in Jack's car and on the seat beside me was Skylar.

We were all laughing and making jokes. It was dark outside and we were coming back from the party.

Suddenly a fox came in front of the car and before I can alert Jack the car was in a tree.

I started screaming and crying.  My head was bleeding and Skylar was not moving. Neither was Jack .

I started to shake their bodies but they were dead. I started screaming their names and suddenly I started having a panic attack.'

Someone was shaking me so I opened my eyes.

"Please, don't leave me." I started whispering and shaking.

"I won't." He said and I fell asleep in his arms.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

When I woke up I felt something heavy on my waist.  It was someone's arm. I looked up to see that it was Adam's. Suddenly memories from last night hit me . I had a nightmare and I told Adam to not  leave me and he didn't.

Today I am going to face my sister. I tried to get up from the bed but Adam held me tight against his chest. The thing was that he wasn't wearing a shirt. I looked at his beautiful messy hair.

"Checking my hair out?" I hear a voice say. I started blushing and feeling nervous.

"N-no." I stuttered and he started laughing.

"Sure, you weren't." He said while getting up from the bed. I got up and started making his bed.

"What are you doing?" He asks curious.

"I'm making your bed." I simply stated.

"Why?" He asks still confused.

"Because I don't like mess." I said while placing his pillows back on the bed.

"Huh."

"What?" I ask while looking at him.

"Nothing, just, you know, your life is kind of a mess right now." He said while looking down.

"I know." I whispered.

"I always liked to clean, it makes me think more clearly." I said truthfully. It really does, when my room is a mess my mind is a mess as well. When my room is clean my mind can think more clearly.

"So, about last night, wanna talk about it?" He asks while putting a shirt on.

"Not really." I said while looking down.

"Ok, are you going to talk with your sister or him about what happened." He said angry.

"I'm going to talk with my sister." He looked relaxed after I said that.

We talked for a while about school and then I went home.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

Hi guys, I want to thank you for making 1k on The Shy Girl. 💜

This is the best Christmas present ever. ❤

'Would you like Adam's POV in the next chapter?'

Vote, comment and follow me. 💕

Xoxo- Cat lover 💗