Chapter 39- Goodbye.

"And so they said goodbye.
It was not for the pain,
But for the lies.
Yet love did not leave.
But passion slowly faded,
And turned into nothing.

But for tonight they say goodbye.
For it is not love,
That never hurt.
But the pain,
That ruined both the hearts.

They said goodbye.
Tonight they disappear.
It's only him and her,
No more us or them.
Only him and her,
Dealing with the pain."

Emma

He was here. When I saw his eyes I couldn't help but wonder how he can come here after everything that happened.

He looked at me with hope in his eyes yet I avoided looking into them.

"Emma!" He yelled after me but I turned around, Ignoring his calls.

"Please! At least give me a fucking chance to explain everything!" I stopped in my tracks and sighed as I gave up on my dignity.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer as I tried not to look sad because he doesn't get that satisfaction.

"Are you ok?" He questioned while trying to touch my shoulder but I moved a few inches away from him, hope leaving his eyes as he frowned and looked down.

"Adam, don't make this worse as it already is. I'm only giving you one chance to explain everything." Hope stroke him again as he tried to reach for my hand but, once again, I denied his touch.

"Only If we do it in the ferris wheel cart." He whispered but moved a little further to where I was.

"Do what in the ferris wheel cart?" I questioned with an annoyed expression on my face.

"You know, talk." I exhaled in relief when he said that and just went with it.

"Look, I'm sorr-" he tried explaining but I shook my head, showing him that I don't want an apology.

"We agreed on you explaining everything once we are at the ferris wheel, I don't think we should talk until we reach it." And hope disappeared once again as raging thoughts covered his face.

Adam

She was here. She looked happy yet sad at the same time. Hope. It hit me like a hurricane. She was happy so I might have a chance to get her back, right? She suddenly looked away which made me confused.

"Emma!" I yelled after her but she ignored me and just fucking turned her back on me. I was broken yet I still had hope.

I knew I messed up pretty badly and I was so stubborn that I ruined everything. My jealousy got the best of me and made me hurt her.

"Please!" I screamed as loudly as I could. I had my walls down, meaning, I was vulnerable.

"At least give me a fucking chance to explain everything!" She stopped. She wasn't walking anymore. I have a chance to fix this. But, how do I fix something that I've promise not to break? How do you face the person after you know that you broke their promise.

'Promise me you'll never hurt me'

I broke her promise. She trusted me and I broke her. She didn't move as I sprinted to her way.