Chapter 7 - Unwanted feelings

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Emma's POV

(Edited)

It's Tuesday, and today me and Adam will start working on the project after school at my place. I felt very sick but I didn't know why.

I got out from the house and I thought that I'm going to be late.

I saw Adam's car still in front of his house so I went to his door and knocked.

"Yes?" Said none other than Adam.

"Uh, I'm g-going to be late a-and...." I stuttered not knowing how to ask him.

"You want me to give you a ride?" He asked, smiling. I nodded.

"Sure." He said as he took his backpack and the keys for his car.

He opened the door for me and I blushed getting into the car.

My stomach started to hurt really badly. I looked at the window to see that we are in front of the school.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I said, smiling, trying to hide the fact that I'm in pain.

"Ok, see you later?"

I nodded and then ran to the bathroom. I washed my face then looked into the mirror. My face was very pale and you can see the lack of sleep in my eyes.

"What's happening to me?" I mumbled as I washed my face again.

I got out of the bathroom and went straight to my locker. Skylar was waiting for me when I got there.

"Hola chica!" She said, smiling, but when she saw my face she frowned.

"What happened, are you ok?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. I felt like I could pass out any moment now.

She looked at me weirdly but didn't say anything. We arrived at our first period. Science.

"Today we will make pairs and every pair will get to choose their experiment." Ms. Ford said annoyed because everyone already started moving around the class.

I just stayed in my chair with my head down.

The chair next to me started moving so I looked up to see Adam smiling but when he saw the way I looked he put the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Emma! You are burning up." He said while taking his hand away.

"I'm ok, really it's not a big deal." I said while smiling but in reality I felt very sick.

He didn't say anything. We picked our experiment and the bell rungs.

I got out of the classroom, heading towards my locker when I heard someone's voice.

"Hey! Nerd!" I looked behind me to see the blonde boy from the party. Oh no.

"Catch!" He said and suddenly he threw a ball at me.

I didn't had time to process what was going on so the ball hit my head.

I started to feel very light headed. I fell to the ground and the last thing I heard before I passed out was someone's voice calling my name.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Adam's POV

I saw everyone gathered around someone's locker.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked someone.

"A girl just passed out in front of her locker." He said, chuckling.

Why would he laugh at someone that fainted?

I pushed everyone aside to see Emma on the ground.

"EMMA!" I screamed while taking her in my arms.

I took her to the nurse's office and put her down on the bed.

"What happened?" The nurse asked concerned.

"She just passed out." I didn't really knew what happened to her because when I got there she was already on the floor.

"I will call her parents. If you want you can stay here." I nodded and sat on the chair next to her bed.

The nurse came in and told me that she has called her parents.

I knew she was sick this morning but I didn't knew that it was that bad.

"Ok, so looks like she has food poisoning and she also has a little concussion." She said, looking at a paper on her desk.

Why would she have a concussion? I don't think that she has hit her head that hard when she fell.

I nodded just as her parents entered the room.

"Oh, my poor baby, what happened to her?" Her mother asked.

"She has food poisoning and a little concussion." The nurse responded to her question.

"Can we take her home?" Her parents asked.

"Sure." The nurse smiled at them and her father carried her to his car.

I looked at her dad's car leaving wondering who has hit her head.

I will find out. I can't let anyone hurt her.

I don't know what she did to me. One moment I can't stand seeing her and the other I just want to hear her laughing.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sorry guys, short chapter but I will post another chapter in 2 days. 💕

Hope you're all having a great week 💜

Xoxo-Cat lover ❤