Chapter 18 - He likes you

Emma's POV
(unedited)

Today me and Adam have to meet up at his house to finish the project.

He told me that we can meet up at 12 p.m.

It is currently 11 p.m. and I have absolutely no idea what to wear.

I decided to just wear a black t-shirt with a sweater and a pair of jeans.

Christmas is coming so it's a little cold outside. Thanksgiving was 2 weeks ago and I celebrated with my mom, my dad and Alyson at home.

My dad isn't home that much because he has to travel a lot. He is a pilot. Mom is a lawyer and she is barely home too.

I put my laptop and some paper in my backpack then went to Adam's house.

I knocked on his door but no one responded.

"ADAM! SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR!" I heard someone scream, I think it was Anna.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL AND WHY DON'T YOU OPEN THE DOOR?! YOU'RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT!" I laughed at their little fight.

Anna opened the door and when she saw me she hugged me tightly.

"Hey." I said while hugging her back.

"I thought I'll never see you again." She said smiling.

"Why not? We're neighbors after all and I also love to hang out with you." I say while getting into the house.

"HEY! What about me?" I see a sad Adam coming out from the kitchen.

"I just use you so that I can hang out with your sister." I say laughing. It was a lie, I actually enjoyed his company too.

"See, I told you that I'm better than you." Said Anna while flipping her hair.

"Tell that to your imaginary friends, I'm sure they will say otherwise." He said while looking into her eyes.

"They only thinked that you were cool because you had a car. Since mom got me my Barbie car they think that I'm way cooler than you." She said while sticking her tongue out.

Adam mumbled something and then went to the livingroom.

"He likes you." Anna suddenly said.

"Who?" I ask.

"Adam. He likes you." She said while looking at me.

"What?" I ask amused thinking that maybe I heard her wrong.

"Yeah, last night he was talking with someone over the phone and he said that he likes you."

"I'm sure that you have misunderstood." I say while looking at my hands.

"Maybe." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Anna, stop eavesdropping on your brother." I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around to see a beautiful woman that looked like an older version of Anna.

"Hi dear, I'm Mrs. Stone but you can call me Ellen. I'm so glad that I've finally met you, Anna and Adam had told me so much about you." She said as she started to hug me.

"H-Hi, I'm E-Emma." Why am I so nervous?!

"I know, Anna can't stop talking about you." She said laughing.

"Hey, Emma, are you coming?" I hear Adam yelling from the livingroom.

I looked at his mom and she nodded smiling.

"Yeah!" I yelled back.

I went to the livingroom to see that he had already prepared everything on the table for our project.

I get out my laptop from my backpack and start working.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

After one hour I started to get hungry.

"Adam, we're out of milk, could you go to the market and get some please?" I hear his mother say from the kitchen.

Adam groaned as he got up from the couch.

"I don't want to go alone, can you come with me please?" He asked me while putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, sure." I would go with him just so that I could get a sandwich.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

When we got to the market he parked the car while I took a shopping cart.

He took the shopping cart and I got into it.

"What are you doing?" He asked laughing.

"Getting a free ride." I stated.

"Who is childish now?" He asks still laughing.

"To infinity and beyond!" I screamed while pointing at the market.

Adam started laughing but he still pushed the cart.

After he took the milk I've thinked about what I wanted to eat.

"Turn left!" I screamed as I thought about where the candies were.

"Why?" He asked as he turned left.

"Because I want chocolate." I say while resting my head on the carton of milk.

"You're so weird." He said while shaking his head and laughing.

"I'm not weird, I'm just  limited edition." I said while I  took a   Hershey's milk chocolate bar with almonds.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Wow, that lady really wanted that ice cream." Said Adam scared. Yeah, it was the last ice cream box with chocolate and I wanted it but so did this lady so we fought for it.

Of course I won but just because Adam was distracting her, he told her that there were other ice cream boxes but after she realized that he was  distracting her she started hitting him with her purse.

We paid for everything then we ran out of the store because the lady started chasing us.

After that we went back to his house.

"Omg, when she started hitting you with her purse! That was awesome, I even got to record it!" I say laughing.

"You didn't!" He screamed.

"Oh, yes, I did." I say while showing him the video.

He snatched my phone.

"Hey! That's mine!" I say trying to get my phone back.

"Aaand, deleted." He said laughing.

"That's not fair." I say upset.

"It's not my fault that you're so short that you can't reach your phone." That's were he passed the line.

"I'm not short you idiot, you're just tall!" I say while hitting his shoulder.

"I fell so sorry for you. When it rains, you're the last to know." He said while patting my head.

Oh no he didn't, he did not just patted my head.

"You're gonna pay for that." I say while I started chasing him.

"Oh, no! The lady is possessing her! Please,somebody, help! " He screamed.

"Kids, I swear, sometimes you are worse than Anna." I heard Mrs.Stone say.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Stone." I say while looking down at my hands.

"I'm sorry mom." Says Adam while playing smirking and winking at me.

After our little fight we continued the project and after a couple of hours I went home.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hi guys, I hope that you're having a great week ❤

If you liked the chapter please vote , comment and follow 💕

Xoxo- Cat lover 💜