Two

I slightly stir within my sleep, my whole body is on fire with pain shooting up every inch of me

I slightly stir within my sleep, my whole body is on fire with pain shooting up every inch of me. I feel someone lightly dabbing a cloth on the side of my cheek and I slowly open my eyes. My eyesight is blurry but when I regain my sight I come face to face with a blue eyed man. I look around me at the unfamiliar sights, then look back at him, before I can open my mouth he says, "How are you feeling?"

His voice was rough, as if he had just eaten sandpaper. I slowly sit up and mumble, "Everything hurts." He nodded and got up from beside me and grabbed what I think is some pills. He pours 2 into his hand and sets them beside me on the table. He comes back seconds later with a glass of water and hands me the pills. I look at him and smile while popping both pills in my mouth and taking a gulp of water.

"What happened," I barely get out as a headache starts to throb. His expression hardens and all emotions leave his face, "Some drunk businessmen were taking advantage of your size."

I put my hand up to my face and I could feel the scar starting to form. Out of nowhere I started to panic as I looked around the room once again. It was big, I was laying in a bed I had never seen before, with a man in front of me, whom I have never met. "Where am I, Who are you?"

The bedroom door flung open and a lady in her 50's walked in and smiled at me. "Easton I'll take it from here, we don't need you scaring her now." He gets up from beside me and mumbles something under his breath.

"Hi sweetie, my name is Maria Salvetti, and that was my son Easton. He found you in an alley badly beaten and brought you here, you're safe." She wipes my face with the cloth, "You can stay here as long as you like. I think you should get some more rest." She softly smiled and got up closing the door softly. And I let my mind slip back into slumber.

I slowly roll over and moan in pain as I clutch my stomach. I slowly sit up and hoist myself out of bed. I limp towards what I think is a bathroom within the room and stand in front of the mirror. I sigh heavily and pull my hoodie off looking at the bruises all over my stomach and side, along with my shoulders.

Suddenly the door opens and I throw my hoodie over my head, covering my body as I see, Maria's son, strut into the room.

I soak his appearance into my mind, he's tall, definitely a strong build under his clothes, and his dark brown hair only complimented his eyes even more. He was definitely attractive. He looked towards the bed and then to me, he looked surprised to see me, and he muttered something under his breath before he turned and left the room leaving me alone once again.

I walked out of the bathroom and towards the door, I turned the handle slowly and opened it. In front of me was a balcony looking over the living room, I looked in awe taking in the pure beauty of the house.

I smiled as I saw the stairs and made my way over and started my descent down. It took me a while to get down the stairs, feeling emense pain every inch I moved. I saw Maria and she turned around and looked at me with pure bliss in her eyes. Once I made it to the bottom of the stairs, mind you my whole body was on fire, she came over. "Are you hungry dear, we were just going to eat."

I nodded my head but replied, "I feel that I have already overstayed, I should get going."

"Oh the nonsense you're talking, we don't normally have guests so this is a good change, come on, follow me to the dinning room." She said and took my hand making sure I came with her. She pointed to where I should sit, and I took a seat.

A man about the same age as Maria walked into the dinning area. I felt shivers down my spine just looking at him, he gave off the same demeaner as what Trevor did, which was definitely unpleasing to be around. His face looked rough and he had wrinkles along his forehead as if he had frowned his whole life. 'What is Maria doing with a man like him,' I though to myself.

He walked over to me and stuck his hand out, "My name is Roman Salvetti, Don of the Silver Lakes Mafia, and you are?" I shock his hand and replied quietly, "My name is Lyla O'Brien. Thank you for letting me stay here."

'Mafia' I thought. 'I'm in a house with a mobster.' The thought truely did scare me, people who are capable of murder and so much worse on a daily basis are people who I don't want to mess with.

He chuckled, "This isn't my house it is my son Easton's, but Maria has put a lot of pressure on both him and I too let you stay here to recover."

I slightly smile, and Maria comes back and takes a seat beside me. There was little conversation, unless Maria or Roman asked me a question on how I was feeling.

I watch as the door swings open and Easton, the blue eyed man, walks in. Maria nodded her head at one of the maids, who I had just noticed were standing by the door. Then dinner was served. "Easton, how is business?" Roman asks.

"It's fine father don't worry about it," he grunts.

Dinner went by fast and there was little to no conversation made. Other than the little conversation Roman tried to make with Easton about business.

Easton was within the Roman's business which mean't he to was part of the Mafia. The cold glare he held throughout dinner only showed, that he was one I didn't want to be around.

I could feel the daggers from within his eyes as his gaze landed on me. I looked over at him and he instantly looked away.

After dinner everyone seemed to disappear and the house was silent. I made my way around the first floor and I found the living room. I sat on the couch which was located in the middle of the room and played with my hands, not knowing what to do, until I saw Easton descend from the staircase. "Um Easton, I just wanted to thank you for helping me, and letting me stay here." I mumbled and he looked at me blankly.

"You don't have to thank me." He said coldly and walked away.

'How rude, I just wanted to be nice.' I thought to myself before ascending up the stairs back into the room where I woke up. I once again took a look around the room at all the lavishing items from within the room

After a while I slowly crawled under the covers, and pushed myself back into the darkness of slumber.