Thirty-one

When I stepped out of the vehicle I walked right onto the plane, I couldn't talk, or look at my surroundings

When I stepped out of the vehicle I walked right onto the plane, I couldn't talk, or look at my surroundings. I just wanted her safe in my arms again, I needed that.

I watched as one by one of my men came on board the plane, not a single one making eye contact with me. Dante was the last to get on, sitting beside me.

"Easton, it's going to be okay, we know where she is."

"Close the doors, I want to leave now!" I yelled, ignoring Dante.

Within minutes the plane takes off, I couldn't relax even if I wanted to. I kept still and tensed, the conversation on the plane wasn't loud but I could hear everything.

I wanted to yell, I wanted absolute silence, yet my voice was caught in my throat. I knew Lorenzo, I had met him on several occasions, he was cruel, like William.

The number of girls he had gone through, which ended up dead, made me want to gag.

Lyla wouldn't be one of them.

She was strong, I knew she was. She had to live with Trevor for fuck sake. I wanted to believe that she could overcome this, that she would make this out alive.

If she couldn't, her blood would be on my hands, and my blood would be on her father's.

I felt tortured, this was pure torture. She reminded me of how we used to be when things weren't complicated. She showed me what it felt like to be loved, even if she didn't, she still showed me.

And I loved her for that.

I was taught that love made you weak, but the thought of losing her, only made me stronger. It only increased that anger that sat inside my soul. I wanted to kill anyone and everyone that had touched her or hurt her.

I wouldn't let anyone get away with the pain they have caused her.

The moment I felt the plane hit the ground I was ready. The fire in my soul had been lit, I was ready to kill anyone that would get in my way.

Lorenzo will suffer, the same amount of pain he inflicted on my love.

"Are you ready for this?" Dante questioned causing me to turn my head.

"I've been ready for days," I say standing up. When the door opened, I was the first to get off, grabbing my bag. I made my way to the vehicle sitting in it, waiting for Dante to join me.

After several moments, he joined me and the car was off to the safe house. And then we were going to war.

"Joey called today, he is keeping tensions down. Well, more likely attempting to. Knowing him, he will probably make things tenser in Spain." Dante confessed.

"This is along the lines of an "if", if we get her, if she's alive, if she isn't dead already. Everything depends on how this will play out." I spit out.