Twenty-seven

I don't know how long I have been in this room, could've been hours, could've been days

I don't know how long I have been in this room, could've been hours, could've been days. I have no way to tell, no light source, just me and the cold cement floor.

I couldn't find happiness in this black hole, every time my eyes focused I could see a camera in the corner, mocking me, watching me whiter away in the dark cell.

I had no one, being alone wasn't something I wanted. Everyone in my life seemed to leave me except Megan for the longest time. I wished I could wake up from this nightmare, even if I were to end up in Trevor's Hell House, I would prefer that to this dark cold room.

The moment I hear the door squeak open, my head lifts up from where it was sitting on my knees. I watch as the dark figure makes its way towards me, it crouches down meeting my eyes.

A warm hand reaches up to my cheek, my body melting into it involuntarily the warmth. "Have you fixed your attitude yet, Lyla," he speaks, my name on his lips sounding like poison.

I lower my head away from his gaze not giving him an answer, I didn't want to be here, but I wasn't going to give in. As he had done the day before he got up without another word closing the door behind him. This happened again and again, I was only able to track the days by him coming and leaving, but this still could've been spaced out.

Slowly I started losing hope in myself, I was hungry and weak. My mind was slipping from my grasps, I couldn't hold onto hope anymore. I felt myself slump against the wall, numb. This was it, I let the numbness hold onto me. I preferred the numbness so I let it consume me.

I left myself being lifted up from the darkness, warmth had overcome me, as I lay limp in his arms, and then everything went black.

I found myself for the first time in a while waking up against something soft, but I knew that I was still trapped in the nightmare when I opened my eyes and found myself lying in an unfamiliar bedroom. I let my eyes to the brightness of the room, a tray of food sitting on the coffee table in the far corner of the room.

I felt a rush of adrenaline, my body throwing itself off the bed. I felt my legs go weak, I could barely walk. I made my way slowly over to the table, the food looked divine. At that moment I went against myself, eating the food. I needed something to stop the hunger within my stomach that caused aches every time I moved.

"Someone was hungry," the voice taunted causing my head to shoot up. His brown eyes were staring at me, causing my skin to crawl.

Fear crept up behind me as he stalked towards me, grabbing my chin roughly with his hand, his laugh filled the room. I watched as his eyes scanned my body, his eyes filled with hunger. He ripped me away from the couch where I sat, throwing me onto the bed. I closed my eyes waiting for something to happen, when nothing did I opened my eyes.