Thirty-three

I couldn't help myself, as soon as Easton helped me into the vehicle, I fell asleep

I couldn't help myself, as soon as Easton helped me into the vehicle, I fell asleep. It was the most peaceful sleep that I had had in a long time, it felt so comfortable.

When I finally felt my eyes fluttering open again, I found myself in a dark room. I felt panic start to overcome me, yet when I started to look around I could see windows, and I was in a bed. I wasn't there anymore, and I wasn't going back.

I sat up in the bed continuing to look around, I could barely sit up from the pain that was echoing up my back.

Everything hurt

I heard a gentle knock on the door which startled me out of my thoughts. It reminded me of when Adrianna would knock to make sure I was alone before coming in, she was terrified of Lorenzo.

I sat there and waited for something to happen, the door stayed shut, and I watched the handle, which didn't make a move to turn.

I looked at my hand to find an IV taped down onto it. I pulled it out before I got out of the bed. Everything continued to ache throughout my body, but I wanted out of this dark room.

I slowly made my way over to the door, turning the handle quietly. Opening the door, to my surprise the hallway was full of light.

I held onto the wall as I walked, the halls were empty. I didn't know what time it was but no one was around.

I reached the end of the hall and twisted the handle, the door was unlocked. The door slowly creaked open, no lights were on but the light from the sky filled the room. Something I had watched every night after Lorenzo took his aggression out on me.

The sky was so peaceful, imagine that. Something so beautiful and full of peace above a place that is just cruel and torturous. At least it wasn't corrupted yet by the evil that lived below it.

I skimmed my hand over the books that lined the shelves, before making my way to the couch that sat in the corner of the room, with a perfect view of the sky.

Every shadow that surrounded me, brought constant thought of him, the fear that I had pushed as far back into my mind as possible, was now creeping up on me again.

Every footstep, every hallway, every cold room, all I could see was him.

Punch after punch, he would not stop. Until he turned to use a knife, he would carve into my body to get me to oblige.

I winced at the faint memory of screaming for him to stop, which only encouraged him to continue.

The creaking of the door opening caught my attention. When I turned I was met with blue eyes, they looked frantic, yet calm.

"Ly, you're not supposed to be out of bed, you had everyone worried." He spoke calmly closing the door behind him.

All I could do was look at him, my voice had been taken away. I was silenced in that house, my voice trapped inside my body. I spoke, yet it wasn't me who was talking. My screams and pleas were all that echoed throughout my head, rarely ever making it out of my throat.

I watched as he made his way over, standing in front of me, he crouched down, making us eye to eye. I could tell he was studying me, but there wasn't much to study.

"What did he do to you Ly?" He whispered.

I didn't know how to answer that question, even if I did, it wouldn't come out. I don't want to hear my voice, I knew I would break, I knew I would let every emotion take over me and my soul would shatter. I adverted my gaze from him, back to looking out the window, for some peace and clarity.

There was something there, I could feel his eyes still on me. I felt safe, but not safe enough, as the dark corners of the room held my nightmares.

"Come on, lets get you back to bed." He whispered before he scooped me into his arms. I didn't fight him, it was pointless, my body was in complete pain at this point, there was no use in causing more.

I felt as though I was floating out of my body watching every sense progress. Watched him walk out of the room, down the hall, before opening the door to his room. He placed me on the bed and stood back, he looked like he was in pain.

I wanted to help him but I didn't know-how.

I reached down and pulled the blanket over me, my body was tired and kept fighting my mind to stay awake.

I wanted this pain to be gone.

I wanted the endless fear to disappear, the constant memories floating back into my head held me, prisoner.

He stood there, I believe he didn't know what to do. He was debating against himself, I could see it. But then he decided.

He walked around the bed and laid down on top of the covers. He put his hand out, and for a moment I debated, turning over and falling asleep, but I needed peace of mind. I needed him. So my hand slowly found its way into his, before I fell asleep.