Forty

Just so everything is clear

Italics = flashbacks

2 months later

And there she was.

Music blasting,

Dancing in the kitchen.

As if she was dancing in slow motion, her hair slowly covering and uncovering her face. The beautiful smile that was stained against her lips.

Her smile grew even wider when she turned and looked at me watching her, her arms stretched out, begging for me to join her.

This was the woman I love.

She had grown over the past two months, I don't believe the trauma will ever fully leave her. But seeing her like this, seeing her happy, that was the only thing that mattered to me.

And knowing that she continued to love me, even after I had told her everything, was the purest gift.

"East please." She begged. The photos in the library once again were littered over the floor, she had been begging me for days to tell her why I had all the photos, I just didn't want her to leave if I told her.

"Just tell me." She pleaded, grabbing my hand.

"Okay," I sighed.

"It's easier to start at the beginning. Your mother and you came to stay with us in Spain when you were little, my mother and Iris had always been good friends no matter what both our fathers did against each other. So the day that she needed help, my mother offered her shelter." I began, her face was full of curiosity.

"And then for years, whenever you two had come to visit, you and I were inseparable. Or at least, that is what I am told. So this picture, this is us, the last time I ever saw you and your mother."

She was starring at me, I know she didn't exactly remember, there was too much overlapping the memories that were suppressed in her mind, yet her stare said a thousand words, that she felt that she remember.

"You never left my mind, I had always wondered what you were doing, or where you had gone. Until we had gotten the news that your mother had died, it specifically came from your father. And from that day, he had promised one thing, that an alliance would be held between our families if there was constant watch on you, protection. He knew, that you and your mother had spent a large amount of time with us." I continued.

"And he knew how easily friendships could be made and broke. So he put that onto me, to make sure you had always been safe, make sure there was always someone watching. But he held something higher because I was to make sure you were okay, if anything happened to you, he promised that my blood would be shed."He made sure I knew the consciences, I was not to make contact with you. He held me back, unable to speak to the girl I once knew. I watched you graduate from the parking lot, watched you go on stupid fucking dates."