Fifty

It was all real, none of this was a dream

I felt completely sick to my stomach that she wasn't by my side. I laid in our bed, I couldn't move, I was paralyzed by her scent that lingered along the covers and her pillow.

"Hello Mr.Salvetti, I am Doctor Jokay. You have a severe concussion, would you like to tell me what happened?" He pronounced.

He had tried to get me to talk about what happened several times, Axel stayed in the chair in the corner of the room for the past day without leaving.

I just wanted her.

Every time I thought of her my heart continued to break, shatter into a million pieces, and scatter across the floor.

"Get the fuck out," I pointed towards the door, my eyes focused on the blank white walls.

Several minutes later I heard the door shut before I ripped the IV out of my arm, standing up. The sound of a chair scraping across the floor followed as I grabbed my shirt from the couch, throwing it over my head.

I could hear Axel's footsteps follow me as I walked out of the hospital, I needed to get out, but more importantly, I needed her.

A knock on the door brought me out of the memory, Axel walked into the room and looked at me sadly. He was dressed up, a black tux.

"Easton," he started.

"I'm not fucking going," I glared at him.

I couldn't go even if I wanted to, it would break me. I would have to come to the terms that she isn't here with me anymore, there was nothing left.

"You can't be like this, Lyla fucking loved you, and this is how you're fucking going to honour her. By having all the pictures turned." He yelled pointing at several pictures around the room that were face down.

"You don't fucking speak her name!" I roar standing up from the bed walking towards him.

"She was fucking mine, and now she's gone, what the fuck do you want me to do. I loved her and now there is nothing fucking left, a shell. That's what is fucking left of our love, a fucking shell." I yelled pushing him into the wall.

"She wouldn't want you like this," he shook his head. Stepping away from me and out of the room.

I walked out of the vehicle, Axel followed me up the stairs of the front of the house. And when I opened the door I was met with the dog, the one she loved.

"Get this thing the fuck out," I yelled pointing at her.

"Easton, it's Lily," Axel confessed, pointing at the dog.

"I don't fucking want the dog, keep it. I want it the fuck out of this house, I can't even fucking look at it." I shook my head.

She looked so happy to see me, I could see the happiness in her little eyes. Yet I couldn't stand to look at her, the amount of happiness that Lyla saw every time she came into contact with that dog now made me sick.