Forty-three

Axel dragged me halfway across the resort, at least he had a golf cart

Axel dragged me halfway across the resort, at least he had a golf cart. But he did drive like a maniac which didn't help. When we finally reached our destination, he stopped the golf cart in the middle of the road.

"I don't think this is a good place to leave it, Axel," I sighed.

"Whatever, Dante's mess to clean up anyways," He said walking in the black building.

I hesitantly follow behind him, there are two older women at the front of the giving him a scowl as he walked past them, and me, a sad smile.

What the fuck is up with everyone.

I follow Axel as he walks down several hallways, until he reaches a door, opening it allowing me to walk in. The room is full of tattoo sketches, and a chair in the middle of the room, a man is sitting at a desk in the corner of the room sketching out something on a piece of paper.

Axel closes the door behind us, "Ahe, get your ass over here!"

I swear Axel doesn't think about anything before he speaks because I believe he blew my eardrum out from shouting in my ear.

The man named Ahe stands from his desk walking over, hugging Axel, "when did you guys get in? Should've come over to party."

"And, and is this your girl-" He starts.

"No, no, Ahe doesn't get this wrong, she's like a sister to me. This is Salvetti's girl."

"No fucking way," Ahe started staring at me, "Since when can he even keep anyone around?"

Axel looked to me, most likely knowing that this whole fucking conversation was making me uncomfortable, maybe I shouldn't get a tattoo.

"Ahe."

"Right right, I'm sorry. My name is Ahe, and what is yours?" He spoke pushing his hand out.

I shook it slowly, "Lyla."

"Ah, Dark Beauty," He shook his head and smiled, "So, what can I get you?"

"Axel, could you leave," I give him a small smile, as he nods and closes the door behind him.

I walk over to his desk, setting a piece of paper down, "are you sure you want this?"

"yes, and this one," I set a smaller piece of paper down on the desk.

A smile formed across his lips, "I've known Easton for some time, and I know, he's going to love this one."

"You know where you want them?" He questioned.

I slowly peeled off my shirt, I could see the look he was giving me, he didn't know. I laid down on the table, on my stomach.

"I see why you want this now, the road is long and tough, and never perfect." I could hear the sadness in his voice.