4̲̅6̲̅

* Omotara *

     Not once in my life did I ever think I'd be scared to be in school. Not once did I ever think I'd be scared to enter the seniors block. I'm scared to even walk in front of SS3 D-A.

That's how the class arrangement is. From D-A. Well, thank God I wouldn't have to walk past SS3-A. That class is the worst.

  I stood few feet away from SS3-D, contemplating on whether to walk past it or just go to the restroom when I smelt that cologne.

I held my breath, hoping it isn't who I think it is.

Omotara, go to class!

I refused to listen to that voice. I was still frozen in that same spot when he walked past me.

Zephan walked past me.

    I smiled sadly. What was I expecting? A hug from him?

  I continued walking to class when I heard my name.

"Tara!"

     I looked back and saw Nathan, talking to Azra. He signaled for me to wait while Azra smiled and waved to me.

I waved back. I was thinking she'd just hiss and look away but she actually smiled at me!

  Nathan kissed her cheek and she giggled while walking away. "Hey!" He said as soon as he got to me.

   I smiled as he put his arms around my neck. "Hi"

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm fine" I replied as we walked past 'D' class.

          The girls outside the class were boring holes into my head, probably wishing they could do something to me but they can't cause Nathan is here with me.

I didn't even notice when we got into the class. Stella just rushed past me. "What's wrong?" I asked Salina.

      "I...I don't understand....I need to go to her". And with that, she sprinted out of the class.

   I sighed as I walked to my seat only to see a group girls sitting on my desk! Great! Just great!

Note the sarcasm.

   I walked to them. "Hi, um......, you're on my desk".

    "Well well well, look who it is, high and mighty Omotara Amani Adebayo" said the last person I want to talk to right now, Christine, the Christine I dealt with in junior school.

    She was clapping her hands as she stood up from my desk. "What a pleasure to meet you again".

    "What do you want? Chris?" I asked.

"Nothing, can't I just say hi to a long time friend?" She asked and laughed.

"You and I have never been friends, Chris" I replied.

    She shrugged. "Isn't life just ironic? Once, you used to bully people, now, you're the one getting bullied" she laughed again. Like there's anything funny.

     "I don't understand you, Chris" I asked, getting tired of standing. I'm feeling dizzy.

     She smirked. "I'm just saying, it's payback time for what you did to me back in junior school".

    "Christine, I'm gonna kindly ask you to get your ass out of this class" sad a voice from behind me. I don't need to look back before I know it's Dazzline.

   "Oh my! If it isn't the unwanted daughter!" Chris said and burst into laughter along with my crazy sister.

   I mean, Chris clearly insulted her and she's laughing!