Chapter 30 - "The Safe House"

Me: "Can you now tell me what's going on?" I asked after a long while of silence. The way the car was moving fast on the road, I was afraid we were going to get pulled over by traffic cops, or worse, get involved in an accident. The giant was the one who was driving, of course. In the passenger seat was Sthe, and Sine was in the back with me. Actually, I didn't know which twin was sitting next to me. As I've said, I mixed them up a lot.
Zano: "Some dangerous people are after me and my friends, so I'm taking you to a safe house until we find a way to destroy them before they destroy us." Oh my God! What? They were in danger? Which meant, I was also in danger too? Right? By association! My eyes were bugged out. I think I also was having a mini heart attack. Not sure.
Me: "What? Zanoxolo, what are you guys involved in. I think it's time you told me now." I demanded in panic.
Zano: "Can't tell you yet woman. It's dangerous." He said swerving the car to another lane.
Me: "I'm so sick and tired of this whole secrecy Zanoxolo! My life is in danger again and you still don't want to tell me what the hell you're involved in. I deserve to know!" I was yelling.
Zano: "Woman, you know I would tell you if I could but I can't. My friends and I were sworn into secrecy. And you knowing can also put you in grave danger, and I won't allow that. So you'll have to accept things as they are."
Me: "I can't fucken believe this!" I exclaimed angrily... "I should've left your ass a long time ago." I told him. Sine...or whichever twin was sitting next to me snorted loudly in amusement. I gave him a glare and he winked at me with a grin on his face. I huffed.
Zano: "You're not leaving woman." He stated strongly. I just folded my arms and looked out the window... "baby I'm sorry about all of this okay? I'll protect you." He vowed. I liked it a lot when he called me 'baby' and he knew it. Bastard!
Me: "Where's this safe house anyway?" I asked after a short while. My anger had died down a little. The giant looked at me through the rear view mirror.
Zano: "Just outside of town. The other guys and some of their women are already there." He informed me. Oh just great! There were other women too?! I wasn't looking forward to this. It was going to be hell. I hadn't seen the other women ever since the drama that happened with that woman...Nomsa. Every time, when I think about her, I get a little peeved. She was still sexier than me in my eyes... and I hated that...a lot. I hated that she had the giant before me...and including every other women that has ever slept with the giant before me. I know it was stupid but I couldn't help feeling this way. I was really feeling territorial over the giant now. He was my mine. I felt like going all cave woman all over him now.
Me: "How long will I have to be in that safe house with...those women?" I asked in misery. Both twins chuckled. I gave the one next to me a stink eye.
Zano: "Only for 3 days baby. And don't worry, there's only a few of the women there." I frowned.
Me: "Where are the others?" The giant grunted... "where are the others?" I asked again.
Sthe: "They got canned Superwoman." He answered from the front.
Me: "What? Canned? What does that even mean?"
Sthe: "It means you won't see them again." My eyes widened in shock. Did he mean what I think he meant? Did they kill them or something? That can't be it. Right? Sine chuckled next to me.
Sine: "What he means Superwoman is that, some of the guys let the other women go." I exhaled loudly in relief. Oh thank God! Didn't these bastards laugh at me? Including the giant. Jerks!
Sthe: "You're very dramatic sometimes Superwoman." Sine nodded in agreement.
Me: "I'm not!" I denied. I was.
Zano: "Yes baby you are. You really think the worst of us huh?" I looked away in shame. It's not like I thought the worst of them. Okay, maybe I did...a little. Don't blame me okay! Thing is, and all of you can agree with me, they were dangerous and all of this mystery around what they were really involved in made my mind run wild sometimes.
Me: "I'm sorry." I said weakly.
Sine: "No need for apologies Super. We're very dangerous men but we never touch women...and children...ever." The giant grunted.
Me: "Zano what about tomorrow? I'm writing my last exam remember?" I reminded him after a short while.
Zano: "Fuck!" He cursed hitting the steering wheel in frustration... "shit! I forgot woman, sorry. Don't worry, the twins will take you to school tomorrow." He told me.
Sine: "Yeah, we've got your back Superwoman." He winked at me. I smiled at him relaxing a little.
Me: "Thank you guys."