Chapter 2 - "The Forced Sleepover"

Me: "Oh my gosh." I said shakily. I was overwhelmed. Seeing a man's chest for the first time...I didn't know that a man could have this many abs. The other thing that was overwhelming me of course, was the fact that he was stitching himself up. I mean who does that? Isn't it painful? At least at the hospital he would've been sedated or something, and I may not be a doctor but I know that the needle needs to be sterilized first before it could puncture through skin otherwise you could get infected...right? The other thing that was starting to get clearer in my head was that this man didn't want to go to the hospital because maybe he didn't want to be answering questions about the incident that led to him getting stabbed. This meant that he either didn't want to attract attention to the person or people who did this to him or it could be that he was hiding something. Both of those reasons made me nervous...terrified actually...because I didn't know where it put me in all of this. Was I in danger from the person or people who attacked him, or was I in danger from the man standing in front of me half naked? A chill ran down my spine. Busisiwe you can be gullible sometimes, you should've minded your own damn business...look at you now...this man could kill you...and it would be so easy for him to kill you since he was such a giant with all those muscles and...abs. Seriously Busi?! Stop thinking about his abs or packs...whatever! You are in danger!

If you didn't know, I was having an inner debate with myself...I do that sometimes...well...okay I do that a lot but please don't judge. See? Issues! ..."who are you?" I finally asked taking a step back. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. His eyes showed no emotion whatsoever...they were blank. Seriously the guy looked scary even though you could see that he was holding back pain. You could see from the way he was gritting his teeth and the beads of sweat that were coating his forehead..."look...I helped you and you look...fine...to say the least. So I will just go okay?" I said taking a few steps back. His eyes were still on me...no emotion was reflected on them. He didn't move. But he did stand a little straighter. Oh my gosh! He was going to kill me. Run for you life Busi!
Him: "Don't leave. Stay. It is dark outside...danger for you." He said. Actually it was more like he growled at me. And why did he speak like this? It was like he didn't want to speak...or was it because he was in pain? Focus Busi. He said you're in danger.

Me: "Am I in danger? Is it because I helped you? Will the guys that attacked you come back for me? Look please...I was just trying to help...I'm a nice person...I've never harmed anyone before. I volunteer at church even though it has been a long time since I've prayed but I believe in God. I've never said anything bad about another person..." I paused..."okay that is a lie, I have said something bad about this girl in high school but it was one time, and only because she was being mean-."
Him: "Would you just shut the fuck up please!" He shouted frustratedly. I did what he asked..."goddamn woman! You talk too much." He stated. This guy was not nice...really people. Yes, I know I talk a lot but that only happens when I'm nervous or scared...so shoot me!
Me: "You're not nice." I told him weakly.
Him: "Yes I'm not nice. But you talk to much so talk less...okay?" Oh my gosh! He was so frustrating? I could really feel my face start to burn up in embarrassment and anger. Yes I was angry people. I folded my arms and glared at him.
Me: "Look here mister. Don't forget that not long ago you were on the street ground hurt and dying-."
Him: "I wasn't dying." He grunted. This guy!
Me: "Well it looked like you were dying to me. But that is beside the point. What I'm trying to point out is that when you were on the street ground hurt, I helped you okay? So stop being rude." I told him heatedly. He grunted and huffed annoyed.
Him: "Okay woman. I will stop being rude...happy now?"
Me: "My name is not woman, it is Busisiwe but you can call me Busi for short." I informed him cheekily. I was being brave on the outside but what I was actually scared on the inside. He huffed again in annoyance.
Him: "Whatever. I don't care. Just don't leave...not safe." He spoke in that weird and annoying way again. I really couldn't deal with this guy people.
Me: "Not safe from the people that stabbed you?" I asked shakily. The bravado I had just seconds ago was gone.
Him: "Nobody is going to hurt you." He vowed. I blinked. I didn't expect that. I mean you guys should've seen the way he said it. He really meant it..."I just mean...that it is dark outside...and it is not safe for a woman to be walking around...so you will sleep here and tomorrow morning I'll take you home...okay?" Oh my gosh! That was the longest I have heard him say anything since we've been here. Wait...did he just say that I'm going to be sleeping here? As in here...in his apartment? In his bed? What? No! He is crazy!
Me: "I'm not sleeping here!" I exclaimed.
Him: "Yes you are." He growled at me. He actually growled people. I couldn't believe this guy. Is it possible that I saved a lunatic?
Me: "Look, I have to go home. I will not sleep here." I said slowly. He bared his teeth at me.
Him: "Don't talk to me like that. I'm not stupid. You will sleep here, then in the morning I will take you home. End of story." He said with a final voice. And let me tell you, that voice was scary. I was in trouble people.
Me: "I don't understand why I have to sleep here though. I can take a cab, and a cab is safe. It will drop me off in front of my apartment building. And besides tomorrow I have classes in the morning so sleeping here won't be a possibility." I said satisfied with my answer. I mean I stated valid points.
Him: "You sleep here...end of story." He said glaring at me. I was lost for words..."I will finish stitching myself up, then I'll make you food. I'm sure you're hungry. Okay?" Was he being serious? Of course it is not okay!
Me: "No. it is not okay. Look I didn't sign up for this. I wouldn't have helped you if I knew you were this crazy. All I wanted to do was to get home take a long hot bath and then sleep. In that order. So please-."
Him: "I see no problem; you can take a bath and sleep here. When I'm finished stitching myself you can take a bath or shower...your choice. There are clean towels here so problem solved." He said shrugging. I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. Unbelievable!
Me: "You're crazy!" I exclaimed. He just shrugged..."and weird too."
Him: "I've been called worse so..." He shrugged again. I hated those shrugs... "and you talk too much, so shut up and sit your ass down, and let me finish this." He said pointing to his wound.

Me: "Do you know how crazy this situation is right? We're strangers! We don't know each other, strangers don't sleep at each other's places. And if you think we're going to sleep on the same bed, you've got another thing coming-."
Him: "Just calm the fuck down okay? You'll take the bed and I'll crash on the couch...happy?" I huffed..."and my name is Zanoxolo. So there, we're not strangers anymore."
Me: "That doesn't mean we stop being strangers." I pointed out.
Zano: "Fuck me! She's a pain in my ass." He muttered to himself. I'm sure I wasn't supposed to hear him but I did because his voice was so deep. I'm sure he was one of those guys who couldn't whisper even though they wanted to.
Me: "Excuse me?! I'm the pain in your ass?! I just want to go home-."
Zano: "Jeez woman! Are you still on about that? I told you that you're not going home tonight so sit your ass down now." He commanded in that scary voice of his. And you know what stupid old me did? I sat down.

Okay don't blame me people. I was scared...the guy was scary. You guys should come and be in my shoes and see what you would've done if that scary voice was directed at you..."and if you sneak off whilst I'm still busy here, I will hunt down your big ass and find you. And you wouldn't like what I'd do to you once I do find you." I shrunk down on the couch after he delivered that threat. I believed him people. He was serious. I could see it in his eyes. I really wouldn't like what he would do to my big ass when he found me if I sneaked off. I wasn't going to entertain the fact that he called my ass big...it was not the time. I was in deep shit people. I should've took the cab home from the restaurant...I shouldn't have walked. If I made it out here alive, I vowed that I would never walk home from the restaurant ever again. I didn't want a repeat of this. No thank you..."are we clear woman?" I nodded my head quickly. I'm pretty sure my eyes were wide in fear. He grunted..."give me your phone." He demanded. I took my phone out of my jean pocket with shaky fingers and he grabbed it out of my hands. He had such big hands. He could kill me with those hands. A chill ran through my body..."just in case you think of doing something stupid." He stated..."I've never talked so much in my life. Pain in my ass." He muttered to himself going back in the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and I released a shaky breath. He was such a mean ugly jerk bastard!...............