Chapter 35 - "I Love Him Mama"

It was mid day, the next day. Zano's friends were in the apartment. It has been about 2 hours since they got here. The giant had wasted no time in telling them about our engagement. Even though they were shocked, they were also very happy for us. They told me that the giant deserved someone like me in his life. To tell you the truth, I had been nervous because I thought maybe they would be against the giant marrying me. Even though I knew that they liked me, I had still been worried. I had wanted their blessing because I knew how much they meant to the giant. They were his family. So for them to give us their blessings meant a lot to me. X-man and the twins teased the giant to no avail about our engagement. You guys know how X-man liked to tease the giant. He was like "so this means that our friend is going to chow one pussy for the rest of his life now" which caused the twins and a lot of them to cackle crazily. And I had blushed, obviously. The giant hadn't been happy at all. He was like "don't talk about my woman's pussy you ass. I will end you, you hear me?" X-man had found this amusing. He was like "shit, he's already possessive of her pussy" which led to the giant chasing X-man around the apartment. His friends had found this funny...some had even been on the floor laughing their asses off. They were a crazy bunch I tell you. I always liked chilling with them. There was never a dull moment. I felt like a younger sibling who had a lot of older brothers. It made me feel like I belonged and I loved the giant more because he gave me this.

Time to go see my mother was approaching and I was dreading it to tell you the truth. I wished I could just send her a text message and be done with it but I wouldn't dare. You guys know how my mother is. She would literally eat me up and spit me out. When I told the giant that I would take an Uber to my mother's apartment, he straight out refused. Well...that is putting it lightly. He blew a casket. He was so dramatic sometimes. I wanted him to spend time with his friends but no, instead he wanted to be my chauffeur. So we left and his friends stayed back at the apartment playing Xbox or whatever that thing was called.
Zano: "Tomorrow we'll go to my parent's house." He told me after a while we have been on the road. My stomach turned. I know his parents liked me and all but I wasn't sure how they would feel about us getting married. I could already hear Diana saying it was too soon for us to rush into marriage. And another thing, I didn't want to see James. What if he tried to provoke the giant with his traumatic past again causing the giant to have another breakdown like the last time?
Me: "Will James be there?" He grunted.
Zano: "Most likely." I bit my lip worriedly... "don't worry baby. There'll be no repeat of what happened last time." This was the first time that he even acknowledged what happened that day.
Me: "Has he always taunted you with your past?" I asked carefully. I didn't want to fully rock the boat. He said nothing but his hands tightened around the wheel. Okay, I guess that is a yes.
Zano: "James is a sick bastard Busisiwe. Whatever happens don't ever be in the same room alone with him. You hear?" His voice was filled with warning. Alarms went off inside me and I shivered in fear... "you hear me Busisiwe?" I nodded quickly. Oh my gosh!.. "but don't worry, I'll protect you baby. I was just making you aware...just in case..." He trailed off and shook his head. What the hell was going on?
Me: "You're scaring me Zano." He exhaled releasing the tension from his body.
Zano: "Sorry baby. I wasn't trying to. Nothing will happen to you. I will kill any motherfucker who tries to touch you in anyway including my brother." He vowed in that dangerous voice of his. Oh my gosh! I swallowed thickly.
Me: "I think you should get me that gun you promised me now." I blurted out. He looked at me briefly in shock. I couldn't help but to laugh. It was so funny seeing shock reflected on the giant's face. Nothing ever shocked him so this was a sight.
Zano: "Should I be scared?" I snorted loudly.
Me: "I just want to protect myself. You made a compelling argument last time." Now it was his turn to snort.
Zano: "Baby don't lie. You blew a casket last time remember? You told me that you were a Christian and you weren't going to carry a gun around because Jesus might burn you alive." I rolled my eyes. Yes I had said that. But he didn't have to recall it in detail.
Me: "He might still burn me alive but I'll take my chances. I need to protect myself when you're not with me." He went quiet. I knew he was thinking on something.
Zano: "We'll have to work on getting you a license. And that means you need to start being serious in our training sessions." He gave me a side eye.
Me: "I am serious!" I raised my voice... "I can finally hold a gun without my arms shaking." He humphed.
Zano: "Your arms and form are still weak which causes you to aim terribly."
Me: "Give me a break. I just started a few weeks ago! I'm not as strong as you, you big giant." I said poking his side which had no effect on him nonesoever. I huffed... "you'll see, my aim will be perfect in no time."
Zano: "Wanna bet?" He asked mischievously. A thing I've discovered recently about the giant was that he liked making bets. He always made them with his friends. And he never lost.
Me: "Bet what?"
Zano: "That if you don't improve your aim in 2 weeks, you'll grant me any wish I want." I had a bad feeling about this.
Me: "Any wish?" He nodded... "and if I do improve, what's in it for me?" I asked smartly. He gave me a look that said he was impressed with my question. I beamed inside.
Zano: "Then I'll grant you any wish you want." I pondered on this. Could I improve my aiming in 2 weeks? I wasn't sure because it wasn't easy people. It might look easy but it wasn't. But I liked the challenge. I couldn't lose. So I was going to do my very best in our training sessions so that I could win this bet with the giant. I don't know why this was exciting but it was.
Me: "Okay. Call." Call meant 'deal'. I've heard it many times from the giant and his friends when they made bets.
Zano: "Call?" He was smiling. I had impressed him again.
Me: "Yes, call!" I said a little louder... "bring it on sucker! You are going down!" I shouted. He laughed.
Zano: "Then...we shall see." He said with a smirk. He parked the car. We had arrived at my mother's apartment building.... "I'll wait for you here baby."
Me: "Okay." I said getting out the car.