Chapter 47 - "The Therapist"

Two years ago the giant had came to see her? The therapist? Then why did he stop his therapy sessions? I was still trying to process the fact that the giant had brought me to a therapist people, now I hear this.
Zanoxolo: "Why would I change Doc?" He asked sitting down. The therapist laughed.
Therapist: "So this is your woman, as you put it?" The giant grunted. I was still on my feet people. I mean, all of this was taking me by surprise. He brought me to a therapist people! Why didn't he tell me? This giant... "as from what I can see on her face, you didn't inform her about this appointment, did you?" She asked in amusement. The giant grunted and shrugged. The therapist chuckled.
Zanoxolo: "Come and sit down baby." Baby? He has the nerve to call me baby now?! I gave him a glare and went to sit next to him with a huff.
Therapist: "Let me take a wild guess. This is the same woman who brought you here two years ago?" The giant grunted. Wait...what? The therapist laughed and clapped her hands. She was so different from what I thought therapists were like, and different from the ones I've seen in movies. There you go again with your movie referrals. Oh my gosh! Shut up! I was just saying. Geez! ... "oh God, this is good. So you're telling me that she's the one that made you barge into here and demand me to give you pills?" Wait...what?
Zanoxolo: "Doc what happened to doctor-patient confidentiality, whatever that shit you guys go by." He asked in a growl. The therapist rolled her eyes and waved her hand away at him.
Therapist: "Anyway nice to meet you...." She trailed off.
Me: "Busi." She nodded.
Therapist: "I'm Dr. Sherman." She said introducing herself... "It's nice to put a face to the woman who drove Zano crazy to the point of him requesting pills, and the funny thing was when I told him that he came to the wrong therapist since I don't prescribe medication, he was like 'then refer me to the one that does. I can't keep on being like this. This woman is driving me crazy. Turning me into a fucken pussy'." She told me, imitating Zano's voice. To say I was shocked was an understatement... "right Zano? Did I say everything right?" She was teasing him. The giant grunted and huffed. He was annoyed. The giant had wanted medication because of me? Because he couldn't stop thinking about me? That was crazy people. I mean you all know how the giant felt about pills, so for him to demand them to be given to him, was just really crazy... "it was so funny how he thought there was actually medication that he could take that would stop him from thinking about you." She chuckled... "but anyway I see that you heeded my advice and made her yours Zano."
Zanoxolo: "I was going to make her mine eventually Doc." He said in a possessive tone... "now let's talk about what we came here for."
Dr. Sherman: "You said you wanted me to help Busi. Busi do you need help?" I fidgeted and bit my lip nervously. I mean I was put on spot people. If the giant had prepared me at least, I wouldn't be reacting like this... "I can only help, if you admit you need help, or this won't work."
Zanoxolo: "Baby, don't be scared." He took my hand into his. Damn him. I didn't want to talk about my issues. I wasn't ready for this.
Me: "What about you?" He frowned.
Zanoxolo: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Are you also going to be joining me in these therapy sessions if I decide to take them?" Yes people, I was using this opportunity to wring the giant in because he needed these therapy sessions more than me. I've been racking my brain for the longest time trying to find a way to get him to go and see a therapist, but who would've known that he would bring me to one himself. I would agree to all of this only if he joined me. Yes, thinking about having to speak out about my issues, and to relive my unpleasant life, made me feel nauseous and terrified, but I would do it for the giant. That's how much I loved the damn giant. He looked conflicted, I could see. The pain and the grief that reflected in his eyes was horrible to see. Oh my giant! My hand that he was holding in his hand was held in a tight grip now, and his hand was even shaking a bit. I knew that I was putting him between a hard place and a rock. And I knew my man people, the way he loved me, he would suffer through these sessions to have me healed. I knew it. But it still wasn't an easy decision for him to make I could see. He looked away from my eyes and looked at our joined hands. His thumb brushed over the engagement ring. After a while he exhaled. He grunted and gave a short and slight nod. I released the breath I was holding and blinked back my tears. Oh my gosh! My man guys! I squeezed his hand.
Zanoxolo: "But I'm doing this my way. I share only when I want to share, and also only the things that I want to share."
Dr. Sherman: "Of course." She was smiling big.
Zanoxolo: "And don't do that psychoanalyzing shit okay?" Dr. Sherman laughed.
Dr. Sherman: "Okay, I'll try my best."
Zanoxolo: "Fuck me." He muttered and looked at me... "I shot myself in the foot by bringing you here didn't I? And you fucken grabbed the opportunity." He growled. I giggled... "do you see how happy it makes her that she has me by the balls Doc?" Dr. Sherman chuckled.
Dr. Sherman: "I applaud her...actually no...I bow to her. She accomplished what none could ever do in this lifetime." The giant grunted... "so should we start our first joint therapy session today or-."
Zanoxlo: "Fuck no! Not today." Dr. Sherman shook her head smiling.
Dr. Sherman: "How did I know you were going to say that?" She asked sarcastically... "okay, should we set a date? Sometime this week?"
Me: "I think next week would be fine. Monday or Thursday would be good days to start, since Zano mostly works at home on those days."
Zanoxolo: "Next week is not good woman. Let's start the week after next." Dr. Sherman laughed. This man!
Me: "Zano-."
Zanoxolo: "No, I'm not backing out or anything. It's just that, next week I'll be busy with some important stuff at work woman."
Me: "Important stuff?" Did he mean like a mission? He was going on a mission again? My heart was beating a little fast now.
Zanoxolo: "Yes."
Me: "Like last time?' I asked nervously. He grunted.
Zanoxolo: "I'll tell you at home woman." I huffed.
Me: "You better Zano. Remember we talked about transparency."
Zanoxolo: "Woman this is not the time. You want the Doc to know our shit?"
Me: "She's our therapist." I pointed out.
Zanoxolo: "Fuck." He muttered... "don't remind me that shit. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this." He said rubbing his face.
Dr. Sherman: "So we're agreeing to the week after next?" I nodded huffing... "am I seeing you twice or once a week?"
Zanoxolo: "Fuck Doc. Once, okay."
Dr. Sherman: "Okay, we can start with once a week, then maybe in the future as we get more comfortable with each other, we can move onto twice a week." She suggested. The giant grunted and started to tap his foot. I could just see that he was done with this whole thing which was funny because he was the one who brought me here in the first place. He just didn't think that things would turn this way. Ha! I was glad that at least he would finally be getting some help. Like God was really on my side people... "so which day would be convenient with you?"
Me: "Mondays or Thursdays?" I asked.
Zanoxolo: "You choose woman." I rolled my eyes.
Me: "Let's go with Thursdays because he's cranky on Mondays." Dr. Sherman laughed. The giant grunted.
Dr. Sherman: "Isn't he always cranky though?"
Me: "He's worse on Mondays, trust me. His broodiness and rudeness is just on another level." She chuckled. I don't know what is it with Mondays that just makes the giant more broody and rude then he is, but whatever it is, he's the worst people. Most days he annoys me and frustrates but on Mondays, I just can't stand him which causes us to fight a lot. I'm used to him now, so I just ignore him and give him his space.
Dr. Sherman: "Okay, so Thursdays it is." She said writing on her dairy.
Zanoxolo: "Okay Doc, whatever. We're leaving." He announced getting up to his feet and pulling me up with him in the process.
Dr. Sherman: "I'm so glad that you're finally decided to take this step towards healing-."
Zanoxolo: "Yeah yeah Doc. Bye." He said pulling me with him. I waved goodbye at the smiling Dr. Sherman. The giant was just something else. And I could see that he thought I was his doll. Jerk!