Chapter 7 - "See You At 5"

I stared at the door for a while after he left. I was trying to get my heart and my body to calm down. Saying the giant was weird was an understatement. The guy was in his own level, but even with that said, I came to a realization that I liked him, and it wasn't because of the Stockholm Syndrome that I had convinced myself that it was the cause for the feelings I had for the giant. No, these were real feelings. I really liked the bastard. I didn't know how to feel yet about that realization, because the guy was confusing. I think in his own weird and messed up way that he also liked me, but I couldn't be sure because he was the way he was. I sighed and went to my room. I can't believe he did what he did with his thumb and his tongue. My body shivered involuntarily when I thought about it. It had been such a intimate and sexy thing to do. His touch had been gentle which to me seemed so out of character for him. He had touched me like I was his prized possession. I huffed. I was letting my mind get out of control here. I'm sure I was over analyzing everything. This is why I didn't date, I really struggled with reading the male signals, they really confused me. Now the giant was a different breed, so that was even worse. I changed into my pajamas; today I was lazy to take a bath. The giant said that I must be ready at 5pm tomorrow...actually he more like ordered me...he didn't even ask. I smiled and shook my head. He was such a bully! How was I going to handle a man like him? I mean you don't handle a man like the giant...he handles you...so I could safely say that I was in trouble people. I wonder where he was taking me tomorrow. I couldn't picture a man like the giant taking a woman out for a date. He was too rough for that...he didn't seem like the romantic type. Don't ask me why I was assuming that he was taking me out for a date. He could be taking me to some abandoned warehouse somewhere tomorrow to kill me or something. But I didn't think the giant would kill me...right? I mean you don't pay cab rides for the whole month for someone you're going to kill...right? And you don't get angry that the same someone didn't call or text you if you're going to kill them...right? Right! So maybe the giant was really taking me out for a date. I was blushing profusely now. I wasn't going to entertain the giddiness I felt, I couldn't get my hopes up; I didn't want to be disappointed.

It was the next day. I was at church with the other volunteers and we were cooking soup for the less fortunate. Every Saturday, we got together to cook the soup. We got donations from different supermarkets. Some donated bread and vegetables, and some occasionally donated cool drinks. This is what calmed me after a long week of work and school. I really don't know why this gave me peace but it did. I guess I knew that by being here, I was helping many mouths to be fed, and the bonus being the people who I cooked the soup with, they were really great. I was the youngest in our crew, most of them were my elderly mothers. I loved them. They were always giving me all sorts of advice. They tell me all the time that I should wait until I'm married to have sex with a man. I've always agreed to that because I didn't want to date but now when I think about the giant, I really don't know anymore. Look at me thinking about having sex with the giant. I was blushing like crazy. I tend to get ahead of myself when it came to the giant, I've noticed. Was I really thinking of giving my virginity to the giant if we ended up dating? I really didn't know, but what I knew was that I was far from being ready for sex, so if we ended up dating he would have to wait a long time. I really wasn't ready. Now I was nervous, because I just realized that dating the giant would require intimacy and I wasn't good with intimacy. That is why in high school I was given the name 'ice cold bitch'. I wondered if the giant would lose interest in me if he found out that I had issues. I sighed. Thing is, I wanted the giant to like me. Damn him! How did I get here? How did he get me to like him this much? I mean let's be honest here people, the giant has a lot of faults that make him unlikeable, so I really don't get how it came about for me to have these strong feelings towards him. My life had been uncomplicated before him. I was really stress free because I didn't have to worry about what my boyfriend would think about my body or if the stretch marks I had would be a turn off for my boyfriend. If it happens that the giant wants us to date, I will tell him that sex was off the table. I snorted. As if the giant would agree to that. He would just boss me to do it! But I don't think he would force me to have sex with him, the giant might be many things but he wasn't that kind of man. I don't know how I knew that but I just did, I could feel it in my bones. I couldn't stop thinking about where he was going taking me later on. I kept looking at the time, it was only 2pm now so 3 hours to go before I could see him. I wanted to text him and ask where he was taking me, but I will do that when I get back to my apartment. He said I should use his number and that's what I planned to do.

When I got back to the apartment, I found my mother lazing on the couch watching TV. I greeted her and walked towards my room.
Mother: "You should make yourself scarce today because Sandie will be arriving around 4 or 5 pm." She said to my back. I stopped and turned to face her. She couldn't be serious. This was also my apartment, so she can't be telling me that I should make myself scarce like I don't pay rent.
Me: "This is also my apartment mother, so you can't just say that to me. If you plan to have visitor you should inform me prior time when you don't want me to be around." I told her heatedly. I was irritated with her. She always did this.
Mother: "Excuse me? What did you just say? You forget that I'm your mother Busisiwe, so don't you dare speak to me like that. And this is my apartment, I'm the one who found it long before you could even walk, so don't tell me that bullshit about you paying rent. I will bring whoever I want to my apartment if I want to, and when I say make yourself scarce, that's what you'll do!" She yelled. Oh my gosh! I really didn't have time for this.
Me: "I stand to what I said. I pay rent so I deserve notification and respect." I pointed out. She stood up.
Mother: "Look here you little twit, there will be no notification and respect for you because you no longer will pay rent here thanks to that big ugly ass man of yours, isn't it so? So this is my apartment not ours!" She said hitting her thigh. I huffed out. I wish I could strangle her sometimes.
Me: "Whatever mother, do whatever you want. I don't care anymore." I said tiredly.
Mother: "That is how it was supposed to be in the first place. You shouldn't be caring about what I do with my time. It's none of your business." She said arrogantly.
Me: "Have your man toy over, I don't care. I have plans anyway." I said walking away.
Mother: "You bitch-." I slammed my bedroom door cutting her off. Screw her and her apartment! If I could, I would've moved out long time ago but I'm stuck...with her. I threw my bag on top of the bed and I paced the room a little. I was pissed. I was having such a nice day, and then this mother of mine decides to ruin it. I'm so done with her. After I calmed myself down, I remembered that I was going to text the giant. I took out my phone from my bag and sat on the bed. I exhaled. This is how our conversation went:

Me: Can you tell me where you're taking me at 5pm?
Zano: No.
Me: You just can't say no.
Zano: I just did. No.
Me: You're frustrating.
Zano: I don't care.
Me: And annoying.
Zano; Don't care woman!
Me: "And an ass too.
Zano: .....
Me: I won't be using your number ever again, if you're going to be like this.
Zano: Yes you will.
Me: I won't be ready at 5pm, because I'm not going anywhere with you.
Zano: Woman don't test me. YOU'RE GOING!
Me: No.
Zano: Don't say no to me.
Me: Payback time jerk!
Zano: Woman...
Me: Man...

Then my phone started ringing, it was him. I chuckled. I wasn't going to pick up. He was crazy if he thought I was going anywhere with him without him telling me where he's taking me. The phone stopped ringing, then it started again. I chuckled some more. I was feeling rebellious. The phone stopped ringing again, then a text message came through...it was him of course. It read as follows: "Woman I swear if I call again and you don't answer, there will be trouble and I'm not playing with you." The smile on my face disappeared. I knew he meant that threat. I groaned. He was such an asshole! The phone rang and I picked up.
Me: "Hello." I said carefully. He grunted.
Zano: "Don't do what you did again. When I call, you answer. Do you understand?" I rolled my eyes.
Me: "M.m" I mumbled.
Zano: "Words woman." He demanded.
Me: "Yes I understand sir." I mocked him. He grunted.
Zano: "Pain in my ass." He muttered. Whatever!
Me: "You know what? I don't like you anymore." I told him. He was quiet for a few seconds.
Zano: "So you liked me before?" His voice was gruff. Oh my gosh! I just realized what I said. I blushed.
Me: "No." I said weakly. He grunted..."whatever, it doesn't matter. What matters is that at this moment I don't like you."
Zano: "Well you don't have a choice. You have to like me."
Me: "You can't force me to like you, you big giant jerk." I said annoyed with his bossiness.
Zano: "Calling me names again Ms Goodie?" He mocked. I growled. I hated him!
Me: "I'm done with you!" I told him. He growled.
Zano: "No you're not woman. And don't say that ever again. Okay?" He said in that commanding voice of his.
Me: "Okay." I agreed. So stupid! He exhaled.
Zano: "I have to go." I could hear a commotion happening on his side of the line.
Me: "Zano what's happening? Is everything okay?" I asked worried.
Zano: "Don't worry, I'm fine Busi. See you at 5." He hung up. I sighed. I wonder what was happening because I could hear a lot of angry shouting and swearing. Oh well, he said he was fine so I brushed it off. Let me say that I liked it when the giant called me by my name...he said it with so much gentleness...it's a pity he hardly called me by it. An hour was left before the giant would come get me, so I decided to take a shower and prepare for wherever we were going....